First Meeting - Gideon & Will

A/N:  What's up guys? I'm so so sorry that I abandoned this, but I promise you that I will update more. So this was requested back in 2018, and I figured that I'd do a preference about the first meeting between father and daughter. B will stand for birth, and F will stand for found. I have also provided you the year you were born/found for reference in future updates. I'll be updating them in pairs. Just remember I don't own Criminal Minds; all rights go to CBS. Enjoy!!

Reminder
Y/N: First Name
M/N: Middle Name

CMCMCMCM

Jason Gideon (B)
Year: 1983

"Sarah? Sarah I'm here!"

Jason Gideon's words left his lips just as he entered his wife's hospital room. Sarah Jacobs was lying in her hospital bed, holding a bundle of pink blankets. Gideon's heart broke slightly, and his smile dropped slowly. He'd missed it. He'd missed the birth of their first child. "Jason!" Sarah looked up with a tired smile on her face. The only reason that Jason hadn't been there with Sarah was because of a case. A damn case that had Jason in California. But when Sarah called him, he didn't hesitate to take the first flight back to Quantico.

Jason sat in a plastic hospital chair, gently caressing his wife's hair. "I'm so sorry; I tried to get here as soon as I could," he apologized. Sarah smiled tiredly. "Don't apologize. You only missed out on the last push. I just got her 10 minutes before you got here." His wife said. 10 minutes. 10 minutes he'll never get back. "She's beautiful," he said. Sarah smiled softly. "Do you want to hold her?" She asked. Jason nodded, and he carefully opened his arms so his daughter could fill them.

Holding the little baby in his arms made Jason's heart melt. She was so small, yet she was so perfect. Is this what perfection looked like? Sarah noticed her husband's smile, and smiled alongside him. "Isn't she beautiful?" She said. Jason nodded as he cradled their daughter close. "She's absolutely perfect. What's her name?" The profiler asked. Sarah gave him a knowing smile, and she replied with:

"Y/N M/N Gideon."

William LaMontagne Jr. (F)
Year: 2001

A scream.

New Orleans detective Will LaMontagne Jr. heard a scream fill his ears. It wasn't a man's or a woman's... but the scream of a young child. He decided to walk towards the origin of the sound. He found an unsettled baby no older than 3 months on the steps of an orphanage. Her blanket was half drenched in dried blood. All that was left with her was a birth certificate.

'Y/N M/N L/N
[insert birthday here] 2001
[insert time of birth here]
[insert parents names here]
[insert weight and length here]'

Will could only imagine what terrible thing could've happened to this girl's parents. So he did some digging. Y/N's parents had no family that could be reached, and that they'd both died during a home invasion. Will visited the orphanage every day for a week to check up on the baby. When she was with Will, she never showed any signs of distress or uncomfortableness. She was content — happy, even.

It took some thinking, but Will finally made the decision to make Y/N his daughter. The adoption papers were filled out and legalized. Two and a half weeks later, Will found himself saying to his daughter:  "I love you, Y/N M/N LaMontagne."