My Father got his money back

This story is by Reddit user
u/FerrymanShade:
["I'm not entirely certain that this experience truly qualifies for being a Glitch in the matrix, but you be the judge.
Many years ago, I went with my dad on a brief jaunt to the liquor store so he could get some beer. Standing outside of the liquor store was a man asking for money. Now, my dad is a pretty generous guy; the type to get out in the pouring rain if he sees a broken down car on the side of the road to give the people a jump, or even help them push with no thought to the inconvenience of getting soaked. Im a grown married man and he still offers to give me some of his groceries to make sure I'm eating well.
Now, my dad is not usually the type to give money to beggars. Especially not ones asking directly in front of the liquor stores. He'd prefer to buy them food if he does anything at all. However, on this particular occasion, i guess he was feeling extra generous and gave this man money. Afterwards, he went inside, got his beer, and got back into the car with me. For some reason he went to check his wallet and started to get upset. Evidently, instead of the $5 he intended to give the man, he accidentally gave him a $50 bill. He must have gotten thrown off by the number 5.
In any event, my dad was understandably upset with himself for being so careless. He got back out of the car to look for the man, even going back into the liquor store to search for him but he wasn't in there. Wherever the man had gone, he was nowhere to be found. So we spent the short drive home with my dad in an irritable mood, fuming over his mistake.
When we pulled up at home, the wind was blowing pretty hard and it was knocking leaves off the trees. It was an Autumn day, pretty chilly, and overcast. Fallen leaves were everywhere and the trees were rapidly going bare. We had just gotten out of the car when a gust of wind brought down a whole bunch of leaves that seemed to take their time falling. They probably weren't moving any slower than usual but the wind was just blowing them around so they were floating in the air longer.
Anyway, down with the leaves landing right at my dads feet was a $50 bill. Now like i said, this may not truly qualify as a 'Glitch in the Matrix.' But, it was quite a phenomenal and timely coincidence. My dad recouped his loss from his well-intended error in a very unusual way within minutes.
Incidentally, except for small change here and there, the only significant money I've ever found on the ground in my entirety life have been $50 bills."]
~
A/N: Wow! This one sounds like a glitch in the matrix to me!
Imagine he wasn't supposed to give away that $50, and when he got upset, the universe glitched and somehow he got $50 bill out of it. Maybe the universe has something planned for him! Maybe he was destined with that $50 that he could become something with it.
Things happen for a reason!
What do you all think?? Was it a Glitch in the Matrix? Or was it a phenomenal coincidence?
~
To all readers, thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!
DM us if you have any submissions or stories like this that you would want the world to see! We would gladly appreciate it!~ RedditStoriez