5

I scoffed. Ako? Jealous of Keian? No way!

Brianna: Im not jealous. It's just a big deal for me because he lied to me

Maureen: if you say so :/

I just ignored her and changed my clothes. As the usual, I wore a yellow oversized t-shirt with shorts. May narinig akong kumatok sa pintuan ko. I didn't even order delivery food and I didn't invite anyone so who could it be? I looked through the peephole and saw Keian on his school uniform.

I opened the door. "What?" I asked coldly.

"Are you okay?" Keian asked, "my friend told me he saw you in the clinic."

I turned around and went to my desk para hindi siya pansinin.

"Hey, why are you ignoring me?" He asked me.

"Why did you lie?" I snapped back.

Kumunot na ang noo niya. "What?"

"You told me that you were doing some groupings but instead you were flirting with the no. 1 beauty in school." I rolled my eyes at him.

His expression changed. He put his tongue on his right cheek to hide a smile and looked at me, amused by what I said. Mas nagalit na ako because clearly he's not taking this seriously.

"Natapos ko na ang groupings and was about to head to the library but Queen started to talk to me," he shrugged. "Anyways, why were you in the clinic?"

"Stomach problems again," I answered. When I was in high school, I always had a stomachache because of hyper acidity. It became normal already so hindi na siya threatening.

We talked for a bit and he went to his dorm. Wala namang nangyari after a few days except Friday. It's the ranking of midterms day! The school adds all our midterm scores and rank them accordingly. I'm aiming for 1st!!

Na dismiss na ako so I checked out the bulletin board for the rankings. Ang dami nang tao nagsisigaw malapit sa bulletin board. I saw the names clearly now so I started looking for my friends' names. Maureen was placed in 17, Keian was placed in 5, while I was placed.......

2nd

Oh well. Better luck next time. Masaya naman ako na 2nd ako pero I was not satisfied. Maybe it's because I had a great expectation na ma 1st ako and na 2nd lang pala. I should not be selfish of my rank! There are others who are ranked lower than me! I shook my head to let go of my thoughts.

"Bree, congratss!" My classmate said.

"Thank you," I smiled, "anong rank mo?"

She scratched her head na parang nahihiya. "36, pero okay lang yun inexpect ko naman."

Expect. Sana wala nalang ako nagexcept. If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed.

After I checked my ranking, pumunta na ako sa next class ko. Classmate ko rin si Keian and Maureen. The prof congratulated me for being placed 2nd and I just smiled and thanked him. After the class, Maureen invited me to drink but I wasn't in the mood to drink alcohol. Sabay nalang kami umuwi ni Keian.

"Congrats Keian!"

"Thanks," he smiled.

I waited for how many minutes for his 'you too, Bree' but it never came.

"Where's my congratulations?" I asked him.

He chuckled. "If I say congrats, you'll just hate it."

I looked at him and smiled sadly. "You know me so well."

I looked at my fridge for snacks but then wala na akong snacks. Wala na rin akong vegetables, some toiletries. Kailangan kung mag grocery shopping. I changed my clothes to a striped t-shirt inserted in a high-waisted short. Nagsuot nalang ako ng black belt for style. I knocked on Keian's door baka may ipamilili siya sa akin.

"Do you want me to buy you something?" sabi ko, "I'm going grocery shopping."

"I'll come with you."

We went down and got in his car. We went to the nearest mall and shopped there for some groceries. After that, we put the grocery bags on his car's trunk. I was about to go inside the car when Keian suddenly held my hand.

"Let's go," he said.

"Where?" He didn't answer me.

We went to the top floor and he ordered some Dimsum steamed rice for the both of us. I also ordered DQ for us. I ordered Keian's favorite which is Cookies n cream and I also ordered strawberry banana. We sat on a table and ate our dinner.

"I ordered us some movie tickets," Keian said.

Kumunot ang noo ko. "What?!"

"To treat ourselves for our hard work during midterms."

Hard work? If nag hard work talaga ako, I should have gotten 1st. I never really did my best. I was so stupid to believe in myself na I "worked hard". Tipid akong ngumiti ni Keian.

"Come on, Bree," Keian said, "stop sulking! Everyone would kill to be placed in your rank."

"I know," sabi ko while looking down. I hate myself more whenever I think selfishly like this. I know that there are others who wants to be in my rank and who will gladly accept it. "I'm so selfish," I ran my fingers through my hair trying to hold back my tears.

Keian sighed and I felt his hand on my head. He ruffled my hair. "I'm so proud of you," he smiled.

I felt better when he said that. He's always been there whenever I needed someone. He always know when I'm sad. I just wish that he will be there for me even after we grow old.

We strayed off the topic and talked about other things. Malapit na kami manood ng movie kaya nagdesisyon ako na bumili ng snacks.

"Ako nalang ang bibili sa snacks," sabi ko kay Keian. He handed me my ticket para makapasok ako sa loob ng cinehan after kung bumili ng snacks.

Nag-order ako ng dalawang french fries, sour cream at cheese. Nag-order rin ako ng popcorn. Pagkatapos ay dumiretso na ako sa cinehan. Nakita ko doon si Keian na naka-upo, I sat beside him and gave him his sour cream fries. The movie was really good.

We rode his car again to our dorm. Napag-usapan namin na bukas nalang i-labas ang mga groceries.

"Goodnight," Keian said.

I turned to face him and kissed his cheek. It's just a friendly thank you kiss, it doesn't mean anything! His eyes widened and I could see his muscle stiffen.

I chuckled. "Thank you."