18

A/N: I don't have the motivation to continue this story but I planned out the ending.

They graduated med school. Brianna collapsed and was rushed to the hospital. The doctors ran some tests and diagnosed her with 3rd stage stomach cancer. She's had it since 2nd yr med school. Keian, Maureen, and her family were devastated by the news.

Keian took care of her for a few months but Brianna begged him to go and study for the board exam. Keian caved in and reviewed for a month so he saw Brianna less and less.

Keian took the test and passed with flying colors. After a month long study, he went to Brianna's hospital room. Brianna's bones were peeking through her skin and she was in pain but she still smiled when she saw Keian.

Keian cried at the sight of her. Keian hates seeing her in pain more than anything else.

"I promise I'll get through this," she squeezed my hand, "I promise I won't leave you."

"Then I promise to always love you no matter what," Keian kissed her forehead, "I love you."

"I love you, more."

She didn't keep her promise

Everyone went home but Keian stayed. He sat next to Brianna's smiling face.

He grabbed the picture and touched her face. "You look so happy here."

He tried so hard to hold back the tears but he couldn't. His tears didn't stop, his arms were shaking. He screamed his heart out. He blamed the doctors for not being able to recover her but he mostly blamed himself.

'I should have noticed the signs. I should have told her to go to a hospital. I should have given her more memories. I should have given her more cuddles, kisses, gifts.'

"I've loved you for 14 years.. Fucking 14 years Brianna!" He cried, "You're a liar! You promised me! You fucking promised me that you were not gonna leave me!"

"Please.... Don't leave me," Keian begged, "I really need you. Please tell me this is all a prank, please tell me this is all just a nightmare, please te-"

"Keian," Maureen called him.

"Maureen? I thought you guys left."

"I stayed," Maureen gently smiled, "She told me to."

"She?"

"Brianna," Maureen answered, "She knew that you were going to stay here for a while. She knew that you needed someone to talk to."

Maureen sat beside him. "Let it all out."

Keian broke down. "I love her so much that I don't know how to live without her... I even bought a fucking ring so I could propose to her after her recovery. But she-she didn't."

Maureen patted his back.

"She had dreams, Maureen. She wanted to become a doctor! She wanted to help people! And she died before being one."

"I know."

"I just don't understand why of all people she was the one who was taken out. I-i just don't."

"Everything always happens for a reason, that was her number 1 motto."

Keian cried more when he heard this.

3 minutes passed by and Keian ran out of tears.

"Let's go home," Maureen said.

Keian nodded.

I won't break my promise, Brianna. Never in a million years.