6

A month passed by and finals were getting nearer. I have to study hard for this, in order to make up for my midterms.

"Do you guys want to study in the library?" I asked.

"Bree, It's still a month away," Maureen said.

"Well, we have a lot of topics to study and memorize."

"I'll pass," of course it's typical for Maureen to pass studying, "I want to eat pizza."

I rolled my eyes and faced Keian. I turned my head to the side waiting for his answer.

"Uhhh.. Ye-yeah."

Ever since I kissed him on the cheek, he's been so awkward around me. Hindi narin siya nagsasalita. I have to clear this up!

Maureen left us alone and went to a pizza parlor. It was soo quiet.

"Ummm, hey about the.. kiss," sabi ko.

"H- huh?"

"Friendly thank you kiss lang iyon," I explained, "it's not like I like you or anything."

"Oh yeah," sabi niya with a sad smile, "alam ko."

We stayed quiet after that. What is he so sad about? May nangyari ba sa kanya? We went inside the library and looked for a table to study. We found a table near the window and sat across each other. We took out our books and started highlighting.

40 minutes have passed at sumakit na ang tiyan ko. Walang kuwentang tiyan! Nag-aaral ako dito, amp!

"Are you okay?" Keian must have noticed me in pain.

"Stomachache lang," sabi ko habang kumakapit sa tiyan ko.

May kinuha si Keian sa bag niya at nakita ko ang isang bottle of Efficasent Oil. Why is he carrying Efficasent Oil with him kung hindi naman sumasakit ang katawan niya?

He handed it to me. "Thank you."

Nawala narin ang sakit for a few minutes after nilagyan ko ng Efficasent Oil. Bumalik na kami sa pag-aaral. 9 pm na kami natapos sa pag-aaral.

While walking back to our dorm I asked Keian a question. "Why do you bring Efficasent Oil with you? Hindi naman sumasakit ang katawan mo."

He went silent for a moment. "Para sayo."

I blinked my eyes 2 times before realizing what he meant. So he bought a bottle of Efficasent Oil for me? He carries it with him for me? Hindi ako nakapagsalita for how many seconds.

"Paano kaya kitang pasasalamatan?" I asked.

"Hmmm," he put a hand on his chin, clearly thinking of a favor he wants me to do, "cook me breakfast for a week!"

Nanlaki ang mata ko. For a week?!

"Malulugi ako diyan," sabi ko.

"Malulugi rin ako sa iyo."

I rolled my eyes and accepted his favor. We arrived at our dorm and I took a shower. Habang nag-e-air dry ang buhok ko, nagsearch narin ako for breakfast food. Kailangan niya ng healthy and good for the brain na food so I picked oats. Magtitimpla nalang ako ng green tea.

Maaga akong nagising to make breakfast. Tinuloy ko na ang plano ko last night. It's not that hard to make oats kaya mabilis akong natapos. I knocked on his door at walang sumagot. I knocked again.

"It's fucking 6 A—," nakita niya ako, "why are you up so early?"

I chuckled and placed the food I cooked in front of his face. "Breakfast."

He opened the door and went straight to the bathroom. I put the food and tea on his table. Binuksan ko narin ang TV para humanap ng movie sa Netflix. I stumbled upon The Diving Bell And The Butterfly at ginusto ko naman ang summary sa movie.

Keian got out of the bathroom with wet, messy hair. He ruffled it using his towel on his neck.  Mas mukhang messy na ngayon. God, he looked so handsome!

I cleared my throat. "Let's eat."

This happened for the rest of the week except iba-iba ang pagkain at movie. Naging busy narin kaming lahat dahil 3 weeks nalang ang finals.

At last, finals week na.

Maaga akong nagising para magreview sa pinag-aralan ko for the past 2 months. After that, I walked to our school. I saw a lot of students holding books, papers, folders para magreview narin. Pumunta na ako sa testing center at nag-say ng prayers. The bell rang and everyone went quiet. It was really nerve racking because everyone was quiet and serious even Maureen, seated 2 rows in front of me, looked like that.

Thank God na lahat ng pinag-aralan ko ay nasa test. I answered it quickly with 20 minutes to spare.

This is what usually happens during finals week except for Friday. Friday was finals ranking day! Pareho lang siya sa midterms ranking day but instead of midterms ay finals.

Parang ang lahat ng students sa Clarke Medical School ay nandoon sa bulletin board. But it was quiet, nobody said a word. Lahat sila ay nanginginig, some were crying. Keian and Maureen were beside me looking for their names. I first saw Keian's and he was placed in 9 and then Maureen's name in 13. I looked for my name and there it was.

1.  Brianna Kim

WAAAAAA I finally got 1st!! I was so happy that I felt like I was going to cry.

"Congratulations, Bree!!" Maureen hugged me tight.

"You too!!" I hugged her back.

Keian didn't talk. He was just standing still looking at his name at the board. I bit my lower lip... He placed lower this time.

"Bree, we have to celebrate!!" Maureen held both of my hands, " Let's go clubbing!"

"I'm sorry, Maureen," I looked at her with apologetic eyes, "I can't right now. But next time, I promise I will really come."

"Ughh, nanaman!" Maureen complained, "next time ha!"

Maureen walked towards a few of our classmates. Probably asking them to go clubbing. I turned to face Keian who was expressionless.

"Hey," I comforted him with my smile.

He didn't say anything and just looked at me.

"Let's go," I held his hand and pulled him out off the crowd.