⚊chapter 3⚊

☁️

M/n walked around the arcade house with his friends for a while, watching them mess around while he just leaned on a random game, sticking a red strawberry-flavored lollipop in his mouth to keep him from not dying of hunger.

It wasn't working but kept him busy for a while.

'That dumbass eunhwan better not try something with my brother...'

Growing worried he'd walk to the counter and tap his game card on the special check-out device the kind old man pulled out.

"Hope you enjoy your day m/n" He'd smile at the boy who sluggishly replied with a "..you too"

M/n was a regular at the arcade with his friends so it wasn't new for the cashier to greet and to start a conversation with the black-haired boy.

Yup, he dyed his hair black.

He felt like the odd one out in his family which didn't go unnoticed by them.

They were quite surprised when he suggested dying his hair black just cuz he wanted to.

Lying about the reason since he was too embarrassed to spill his feelings out.

They agreed though, knowing what the reason behind it but deciding not to bring it up.

"You're leaving already!?" Aii said as he sighed.

"You heading to that daycare or something? I thought that was your brother's job." Beyom piped up as he just won one of the games.

"Just checking on him. Have fun."

⚊⚊

Walking for a bit he'd reach the daycare center.

"Yoorim daycare center.." He'd mumbled, reading the huge sign next to the door.

Heading in he found lots of little kids. Age ranging from a little as two to as big as six.

He smiled as he watched the kids laugh and play with each other.

He had considered running a daycare center when he grew up, or even an adoption center.

He didn't want any child to experience the fear he went through as a child, yes it was only for four hours but it felt like a whole day he was in the rain, very far from his home due to running like hell.

But the idea was not going to happen after he found out what his brother's future occupation would be.

"I want to be a teacher."

He didn't like the idea of not being by his brother's side when they grew up so he decided to leave his dream to dust away and choose to be a teacher as well.

He'd get a few responses like "it's always better to choose an occupation you love!" or "you'll never succeed with an occupation you don't have passion for" but he chose to ignore them.

Protecting is a passion of its own right?

"Oh, m/n!" He'd hear from behind him.