Chapter 3: "DAMN YOU NERD!"

Alice's POV

I left that classroom on a high. I felt oddly light. I was flying, he gave me wings, I guess. When I laid eyes on him, I felt my heart flutter. His innocence, his thick rimmed glasses, his auburn hair all made him perfect. I felt his gaze on me in Lit class, I tried to play it off cool, but honestly, I was screaming inside. I did what I do best, scare people. He was blushing in embarrassment, I felt bad, so I eased the tension by letting out a loud laughter. Then giving him a blank stare, I enjoyed messing with him. I could see in his eyes, that he saw something in me. He saw beyond my walls, he saw things I hid from the world, Why? How?

Everyone viewed me as the cold icy "b@$%h" who never gave a care in the world, but I'm more than that. I've been hurt too many times being the nice girl, so I changed. After my dad died in a car crash two years ago, I've never been the same. I was hurt. His love gave me the strength to deal with the world and now I don't have that. I had many friends once, but they weren't real. When I was depressed and on the verge of suicide, they couldn't care less. They left me for dead. They were selfish. It sucks when you constantly put your heart out for people and get nothing in return. So I said Fudge the world, and became Alice.

 I once went by the name Dandelion

I once went by the name Dandelion. My dad gave it to me. Pretty name huh. It was too painful to hold onto it, so I let it go, and I made it known to the world "If you wanna get punched, call me dandelion". When you've been hurt as much as me, you change. I didn't defeat my darkness...I became my darkness. I let my darkness build a wall against people. It kept them away, I saw no point in socialising with selfish homo sapiens...wise men huh...LIES.

Yes, me Alice, the stone-cold sweetheart.

I went out to the courtyard to my usual spot near an oak tree. I would sit there and read without disturbance, until Rebecca came into my life. I would describe Rebecca as a glittery, optimistic fairy. We just hit it off that day in the girl's bathroom and now we're besties as she would say. She made everything sound so...glittery.

"Hey, where did you get that lipstick"

"My mom's purse" I said in a cold manner

"It looks so good on you"

"Thanks, I guess, and you look...glittery"

"L-O-L, where do you have lunch?"

"Near an oak tree"

"Well what are you waiting for...take me there" Rebecca ordered

It was so weird, she just inserted herself into my life. There was something about her, I just could not say "bug off". From ever since, we've been really good friends. Like me, she had friends who didn't care for her and she cut them off. I guess the universe has ways of bringing people together at the right time.

I fluttered my way to the courtyard to meet Bec, I couldn't wait to tell her all about my morning.

"Hey Bec"

"Hey Dandy DOO"

"Do you wanna get punched...because I will"

"L-O-L, so violent huh"

"Yes...you know I hate that name"

"Ughhhhh...always so cold huh"

"Yes...there are icicles in my blood okay" I chuckled

"I believe that...strongly believe that"

"I think I'm crushing on someone" I said lowly

"WAIT...HOLD UP...EEEEEEE!!!"

"Can you like stop"

"I can't believe it...My little ally bear has a crush...Character development"

"SHUT UP!!" I yelled

"So like...who is this mysterious Beaux of yours"

"Don't tell anyone Okay"

"I literally have zero friends...only you sis"

"Okay...Will Macy" I said embarrassed

"SHUT UP!!!...the nerd...who knew you were into soft boys"

"Shut up...We had so much fun in Lit class...well me, because I was teasing him"

"L-O-L...tell me more"

"He got so red and stuff...and he was legit blushing...and shaking"

"I guess you do something to him"

"I guess I do"

I went to Trig class with Will on my mind. When did I become so soft? I let someone make me smile and feel butterflies. I hate boys, they always make me feel stuff. I didn't want to fall for someone, I didn't want to love someone, but here he goes changing everything about me. I smiled more than usual today. The truth is I had a crush on Will forever, but I never acted on it. Today in Lit class, I just felt something. I acted on my urge and now I feel like this. I'm so dumb. "DAMN YOU NERD"

 "DAMN YOU NERD"