The first day of term begins! (5)

Your P.O.V

I shut my eyes tight and threw my hands infornt of me, waiting for my body to collide with the hard wood floor. Although, that never actually happened...

I felt 2 arms wrap around me, tight enough to support me but not enough for me to be kept there.
"H-huh..?"
My eye lids slowly loosened, allowing me to open my eyes gently. As soon as I did, the first thing I noticed was Kenmas face mere inches from mine! A blush spread across my skin, a slight red colour could be seen dusted across Kenmas face too. I jumped back instinctively, resulting in me falling to the floor...

"O-ow..."
"Here"
Kenma offered his hand to me, I took it as he helped me back onto my feet.

I was so embaressed! First I had came tumbling down the stairs, some how ending up in Kenmas arms. Then next I had fell backwards almost instantly after that! I had my head turned away from him as my hands were trembling slightly behind my thin back.

"(Y/N) are you hurt?"
"I-im fine... t-thanks for helping m-me..."
The words came out in quiet mumbles, why was I this nervous..? I'm usually so relaxed and cheerful when im alone or with someone I consider a friend; so why has my personality suddenly changed..?

Was it because I was in a new enviroment..?

Or maybe because of...

No! It's definitely just because I'm in a different environment!

Right..?

"Mhm... should we go to school now?"
Kenma brought me back to reality, I guess I spaced out a little...
I nodded, picking up my bag and waiting near the window.

Rain was pouring down and making a harsh rythm as it roughtly hit the surface of the windows. Most of the morning trains wouldn't be running now, (normally a lot walk but in cases like these a lot prefer taking the morning train) we have likely missed first period... I sighed and noticed Kenma walking towards me with his bag lazily thrown over his left shoulder.

"Huh, the weather changes really quick..."
He was muttering words to himself, taking his eyes of the switch for a few seconds to look outside.
"Yea... you should be careful your switch might break in the rain!"
He nodded silently, turning it off and putting it into his backpack and taking out an umbrella.
"Have you got yours?"
I realised I was spacing out again, his voice made me jump a little.
"Huh? Oh no, it barely rained in my old village so we never bought any."
"Oh, I'll share this then"
He lifted up the umbrella like he was showing it to me (obviously not opening it, that's bad luck!)
"Really? Thanks!"
I showed him a smile before turning and walking towards there white front door.

"Good luck on your first day (Y/N)!"
Mrs Kozume shouted her goodbye to me from the kitchen, she had a plain white apron on so I expected she was cooking something.
"Thank you Mrs Kozume! Goodbye!"
As I shouted a farewell back, Kenma opened the door and waited for me on the small porch.

"Let's go"
I nodded and walked slightly behind him as he carefully opened the blue umbrella. The walk was silent, I had my head down most of the way while Kenma looked ahead and held up the umbrella.

When we were about half way there, I realised something that made me turn into a blushing mess. In a selection of romance games I played; there was always a scene where the male main character and the female love interest would walk side by side under a single umbrella just like this! They would brush shoulders, making the others presence more pronounced. After that, they would stop walking for a little while and stare into each other's eyes, the blush on both faces growing more prominant the longer they stared. The male would then realise they are all alone, infront of a beautiful fountain as the sun either rose or set. He cupped the females face in his own hands and-