Chapter 8: Thank you, Shadow!

Reader|

Me and Shadow, were giggling and chuckling each other. Until it's turning a funny laugh. The laugh between us till making my stomach hurts as I stop my laughed, seeing Shadow had the tears of joy in his eyes. I smiled at him, waiting him to calm down his laugh before continue on feeding him. The black hedgehog wiped a tear on his eye, with a slight chuckles still. He gave me a nod, signing if he was allowed me to continue to feed him. I feed him with him, eating the food I gave. It continue till 10 minutes later, as he done with his breakfast. I placed the empty plates on the tray the woman gave on the table, turning my gaze toward Shadow. I saw him trying to get out of the bed, as I quickly help him by holding him gently on his arm, to make sure his arm won't hurting...

"Where will you go...?" I ask curious, walking with him slowly, it lead both of us to the bathroom.

"I... Um. I need to go in the bathroom..." He said shyly, looking away from me slightly.

"Okay, just hang your infusion bag on the pole still. Not too high, or the needle in your hand will hurt you..." I said, smiling while letting go of his hand gently.

"Thank you for the help, (y/n)..." Shadow smiled, as he enter the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

I smiled then goes to sit on the bed, waiting for him as I look around the room. It was a medium size room we have. A tv and an ac was hanging on the wall, a small drawer near the bed, a table for Shadow to eat, a chair I use to sleep earlier, a sofa, and there's a vase of flower on top of the drawer. I grabbed a pillow then hugging it close to me, as the temperature in the room begin to more cold. Some seconds later, I heard Shadow's footsteps walk out of the bathroom and closing the door behind him. The black hedgehog walk up to me limply and stop, to stand in front of me while smiling. I could tell his condition now, he still has his limp expression, also he's walking slowly and weakly. I get up from the bed, letting him to lay down on the bed as he did. The different color of his shirt made me realize. It was half red on the bottom part of his shirt, like a blood stain. Meanwhile the top part of his shirt that where his chest is, it's white. I remember that it may cause by the blood he was bleeding yesterday. I grab a plastic from the sofa that the inside is only some shirts, then grabbing a new shirt as the black hedgehog look at me in confused...

"(y/n), what are you doing...?" Shadow ask looking at me, as I put the plastic back on the sofa.

"Shadow, you need to clean up and change your shirt. You were bleeding yesterday and it leave the blood stain on your shirt..." I said, in a worried tone and my face frowning a bit.

"Okay..." Was all Shadow said, while gesturing his body into an upright position. He saw me with my worried expression still, as he slowly sit up and placing his hand on my cheek.

"Hey, what's wrong...?" Shadow ask softly, his tone were in concerned and his face look a bit worry. His ruby red eyes stare into my (e/c).

"It's just... I... I don't want to see you hurt. You know, I will always feel sad and hurt too if I see a person was hurt..." I said, with my voice sadden while look down slightly.

"Hey, I'm okay and I'll be okay..." He said, caressing my cheek softly with his hand as I give a purrs.

I nod my head, as I left to walk in the bathroom to take a small washbasin and turning on the water. After the basin full with the water, I put a small towel in the basin, then walked back to Shadow. Who was sit there, waiting for me. I sit down on the chair while my hand, taking in and out the towel repeatedly to get the water on it. The black hedgehog watch my action, as he ask me to help him to take off his shirt...

"I'll help you, slowly. Slowly okay...?" I said, helping him to take off his shirt gently, to make sure I won't hurt him in any way.

Shadow stretched, as he take off his shirt slowly within my help. I take his shirt off by grabbing his infusion bag, letting the shirt fully take off of him. After getting it, I look around to see if there's any plastic near and look into the drawer. Hopefully, there's one plastic inside the drawer as I grab it to put his bloody shirt in the plastic. But when I was about to put his shirt in the plastic, I look at him slightly to see the looks of his body. A white soft looking and fluffy chest fur, his stomach that was covered by the bandage also his arm too, the looks of his body was just too perfect in my eyes. I deliberately slow down on putting his shirt in the plastic, just to stare longer at his body. He was looking at his infusion hand, while looking around him. Maybe he just confused about hospital thing. He look at the basin and tilted his head to the side cutely. I smiled to myself until I snapped out, hearing Shadow's voice calling my name...