to: ten

dear ten,

     wassup! i don't know if you still remember me or not, but i'm sending this to you anyway. it's ya boi yangyang...sorry, that was cringey. oh shit, i can't erase with a pen. I'm too lazy to start over so, oof to me. hi, it's yangyang, that new kid that came from macau. i hope you're doing well. i know that at this point that you've graduated school, so i don't know if you're still with your parents and if this will get to you or not. 

     remember when we first met? i accidentally spilled some applesauce on the floor and you helped me clean it up? you were disgusted that it was applesauce, of all things. it was funny, your reaction every time i "accidentally" bought an extra apple at lunch every day and gave it to you. you found me very annoying, but we became friends, nonetheless. i remember when you said your name was ten, i asked, "is that nickname?" in my broken english, then you said flatly, "my full name is chittaphon leechaiyapornkul, you can call me that." i blinked and said, "...yeah, i will call you just ten."

     i stayed in bangkok for 6 months, the remainder of the school year. i remember in macau, my last home, when i left, i was devastated because i had to leave behind my best friend there. i tried to distance myself and not get close to anyone, but...i failed, obviously. i told you about him, about how close we were. you gave me good advice, though i don't remember it word for word. something along the lines of "you have friends that stay for a week, some that stay a bit longer, and some that stay with you for life. even if you're separated, those friends for life will always come back to you." thanks for that. though i think you said it more amusingly.

     even though you vaguely knew that i wouldn't be staying long, we still became so close. i knew we weren't as close as i was with...hendery...but you were a different friend. a good different. funny and witty with hints of sarcasm and quirkiness. but you were also so kind and generous. you never failed to turn my frown upside down, since i was always down from moving away. you also helped me become semi-fluent in english, since we were at an international school and the english class was boooooooooring. hey, you were bad at mandarin, i was bad at english. we helped each other out.

     i never got to tell you how good of a dancer you are. mister ten chittaphon leechaiyapornkul (omg i think i actually spelled that right), you are an amazing dancer. you even inspired me. you can pull off so many styles and types, and each of your moves are sharp yet graceful. you are made to be a dancer, and i hope you follow your dream of becoming a professional choreographer and dancer, like you've always said to me. you would kill it. oh, and congrats on the talent show thing, tnt ;).

     your dancing is one of the things that inspired me to decide to go into the entertainment field. i'm aspiring to be an idol to do music, dance, rap, and that stuff.  i'm gonna go to seoul and do that. we actually stayed there for a month, right before moving to germany (by the way, that's where i am right now, after moving around like a bazillion times), and i got scouted by companies. i don't even know why. my looks maybe???? I'm not even that handsome lolololol. i know it's gonna be hard, but i'm ready for whatever it throws at me. i auditioned for JYP, SM, and BigHit, and i got accepted into all of them, so now it's just a matter of deciding... hey, who knows, maybe i'll see you! by the time you get this, i'll be in the brooklyn of south korea.

     i just want to say thank you, for being a friend. being in a new environment is hard, but you made it less so. if you wanna text me or something, here's my number: xxx-xxx-xxxx. thank you for uplifting me during the hard times. thank you for staying by my side even when i tried to distance myself so many times. thank you. thank you. thank you (german). oh, and of course your native language: thank you (thai).

yours truly, yangyang