Chapter 5

I was so angry.

    Without thinking, I grabbed her shoulder, as she turned around I smelt the strong smell of Alcohol on her breath. She was actually drunk.

 “What the fuck are you doing?” I growled.

 “Taking action” she grabbed a chunk of my long hair.

    I hadn’t been in a fight since I was about nine and Georgia had been in a horrible mood. It really hurt, I grabbed some of her hair in retaliation.

 “Not with him. We’re together.” I accidentally revealed.

    A crowd of students had surrounded us and were chanting “FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!” forcing us to continue the fight.

 “You want everyone, don’t you?” she slapped me with the hand that had just been down Tyler’s trousers.

 “No, I don’t, I’ve got no one.” I  retaliated by pushing and slapping her.

 “You’ve got Dean, you want Tyler even though he said he saw you with someone at that new year party, why don’t you go after him?” she let go of my hair and pushed me almost making me fall over.

 “Break it up!” a voice boomed down the corridor as they marched towards us.

    The crowd quickly disappeared and we stopped fighting. We saw the teacher, it was Charlotta’s dad.

 “Please don’t tell him.” she whispered before he got to us.

    I quickly let go of the anger, releasing we were in a lot of trouble and we’d have to explain ourselves to her dad. I’d have to explain myself to my parents when I got home. I regretted my reaction.

 “What are you two doing?” his voice was full of disappointment.

    We were marched to his History classroom.

 “I should be taking you to the head.” he commented.

    I guessed he hadn’t taken us to the head to keep his daughter out of trouble or maybe he could tell that she was drunk.

    After a few minutes of silence he said “Why were you two fighting?”.

 “We just had an argument that went too far.” I lied. “I’m really sorry.”

 “Is that true? Look me in the eyes Charlotta and tell me the truth.” he ordered.

 “Yes dad, I’m sorry you had to see me fighting.” she confirmed.

 “Right, Skye you can go.” he said doing a waving gesture to encourage me to leave.

    I didn’t want to leave them but I was in no position to argue. I started the fight but I wouldn’t have if I’d known she’d drunk enough for you to smell it on her.

    In IT I was glad to be away from everyone, I didn’t have a friend in the class and for once it was a good thing but as the lesson progressed I worried about Charlotta and waited for her to message me.

    Some of the other students decided to pick on me because of the fight. They said things like “Are you and Charlotta going to fight again? I love catfights.” “Did you smack her about cos you’re lesbiens and she cheated on you?”

    I refused to answer their stupid questions.

    Messages came through but none of them was from Charlotta. “Heard you got into a fight” Dean sent. I ignored it. “Was it over me?” I ignored it. “It was, wasn’t it?” His ego makes me crack a smile but I still didn’t reply. “Funny, I didn’t have James down as a liar.” I didn’t understand what he meant, what had James told him or was Dean just provoking me for a reply?