Chapter 7

“That party was crowded, my family, family friends, even Tyler and none of them noticed. You are going to listen and notice.” I said with a burst of assertiveness.

  “He started kissing me and he put his hands down the back of my top and undid my bra then forced his hands onto my breasts.” The images flashed back. “I tried to push him away but he pushed me onto the bed and pinned down my wrists.” I remember his words “Stop being a pussy!”, they’ve played in my head every day since.”

 “He pulled my top up past my breasts, he licked and bit at them, he slapped me for flinching and struggling.” “He pulled his jeans down and got on top of me, grabbing my hair. He pulled his dick out his pants and forced it into my mouth.” my voice trembling again.

 “You really don’t have to…” Dean interrupted, he didn’t want to hear it more than I didn’t want to tell it. “He pulled my hair, forcing me to do it. He cumed and I choked and he held my mouth closed with his hand.” “He got off of me and slid his hand down my stomach and into my underwear.” I shudder remembering the feeling. “He enjoyed watching my face, it seemed to spur him on.” I remember his possessed face.

 “He forced my trousers and pants down my legs. I tried to kick him and punch him but he just threatened “Stop it or I’ll hurt you!” so I stopped and just hoped he’d leave me alone.” I took a deep breath.

 “Skye, please stop.” Dean insisted snapping me back to the graveyard, he looked really upset as though he could start crying if I continued.

 “He said "happy new year" when he was done and left.” I added sparing the detail.

 “Just tell me who it was and I’ll kill them.”

    I saw his compassionate face, without thinking I put my hands on Dean’s face and kissed him. He didn’t pull away, instead he turned the lip kiss into a snog, wrapping his hands around my waist.

    Dean’s phone rang, interrupting us.

 “Ugh it’s the school.” he said as he checked his phone.

    He answered ending the My Chemical Romance song “Na Na Na”

    I smiled at the fact that the first sung lyrics were “Drugs, gimme drugs, gimme drugs I don't need it…” It made me feel oddly giddy, I wanted him back and I didn’t know why. I was so focused on the kiss that I didn’t hear the conversation.

 “I’m taking you home.” He said as he put his phone in his pocket and stood up.

 “Why, can’t you continue here?” I asked, teasing as I stood up and tried to put my hand down his skinny jeans.

    I felt a bit dizzy and disorientated and had no idea what I was doing.

 “No, I have to go back to school. I’m not doing this now plus I’m not spending any time in detention when I have coke.” he suddenly sounded indifferent, moving my hand away.

    We walked to my house, I had to keep hold of Dean’s arm to stop myself from losing my balance. He’d turned back to his normal distant self.

    He led me to my bedroom, took my coat off and got me to lie on my bed.

 “Don’t cook anything, don’t answer the door, don’t go in the bath. Just watch TV or something.” he warned.

 “I’m going to lock the front door and get off to school.”he shut my room door and walked down the stairs. I heard him shut the door and push my key through the letterbox.

    I laid there thinking of what had just happened, I lost consciousness falling into an odd dream state.

    My phone’s message tone awoke me some time later. “Dean said you’re at home, he hasn’t done anything has he? I’m coming straight after school.” It was from Charlotta.

    I was so confused. I hadn't told anyone for months but I told Dean like it was nothing. I didn’t understand why he kept trying to stop me or why he froze me out again after the phone call. Why had he left me after giving me safety warnings? Why had I fallen asleep for so long in the middle of the day?

    I couldn't answer any of my questions and even ended up questioning why Charlotta was coming now.

    My head hurt like I had a hangover.

    Soon after that there was a knock on the door. “The door's locked” She texted, she had been used to walking straight in if no one else was in.

 “Sorry, I forgot.” I said as I let her in, deciding not to mention that Dean had been here.

 “Why'd you skip school? Don't say you're ill you never miss school and I know Dean ditched school for a while.” she questioned as we walked to my room.

 “I just didn't want to go.” “What happened to you?” I tried to deflect.

 “Aria said you went to Dean's last night, why?” she asked as we sat on my bed.

 “His brother convinced me, Dean hasn't been lying. There's no reason we can't be friends.” I shrugged hoping she'd drop it.

 “He sent those texts, he ignores us whenever he feels like it like when he got back to school, why bother with him?”

 “I don't know.” “Why’d you get drunk and force yourself on Tyler? What did your dad say after I left?”

 “You told me to take action, I didn’t realise you liked him or anything.” she shrugged. “I just had to convince him it was a stupid one time thing and he believed me.”

 “I’m so glad he didn’t punish you or anything, I’ve worried.”

 “Did Dean come here? I think I can smell him.”

 “Yeah, he thought I’d stayed home cos of him. He thought he’d upset me.”

 “Did he make you take drugs? I heard him and Justin talking.”

 “No he didn’t, we just had a joint between the four of us. He didn’t make us do anything. He isn’t a bad person.”

 “Fine, just don’t come crying when he does something. I’m not being friendly with him if you ever get official.” she warned.

 “Alright but we aren’t after a relationship, have you spoken to Tyler?”

 “Yeah it was kind of awkward explaining “Hey I did that because I was incredibly drunk.” but he didn’t seem to mind.”

 “But do you like him?” I emphasised the “like”.

 “I suppose so, it’s not like he likes me. He didn’t kiss me back or anything.” she admitted.

 “He was clearly surprised, I think you two could work. I was an idiot to fight you over him, I don’t even really like him like that. We’d just been on a date, I guess I decided to make it mean more than it did i guess.”

 “What about Dean, do you like him?” she asked emphasising the “like” as I did.

    I got distracted by the memory of our kiss.

 “Skye! Earth to Skye!” she said waving her hand in front of my face. “Actually I’ve got to get home.” She got up and left before I had the chance to say anything.

    I tried to make it seem as though I hadn’t missed school before my parents got home from work so I didn’t have to answer to them.

    Justin texted “What did he do to make you miss school?”

 “Nothing, I just felt a bit sick.”

 “I can’t believe he snuck out of school and came back. I would have stayed and looked after you.”

 “No, I didn’t need looking after. We aren’t together anymore Justin.”