7

Jade's feet wouldn't stop, even when she was bumping into strangers on the street, who would wonder why would a young girl be crying while running. She ran until her diaphragm began hurting so badly, she couldn't breathe properly. And then she collapsed.

The girl didn't react even when she heard the screeching of car tyres... or when familiar arms were wrapped around her while she couldn't stop shedding tears, not being able to move from her place.

She couldn't believe her friends had found out her secrets so easily. But, of course! How stupid she had been to expose herself like that and to expect nobody to say anything? She regretted writing about her life. If only she hadn't listened to Beck!

Alas, secrets weren't meant to be kept forever. At some point, the truth about her would come out. Perhaps it was better that it came out now?

As soon as she calmed down in his arms, Beck cupped her face with his palms, looking straight into her eyes, "It is your choice what to tell people," Jade's glassy eyes never left his, as he continued, "But know that you can't keep your past a secret forever."

Her mouth was left half-opened. She didn't know what to say. She had expected him to be angry, almost enraged at her for keeping secrets from him. Instead... he was just as hurt as her. And how could he not? Having read the script he now knew why she felt the way she did.

Shifting her gaze up from Beck's face for a brief second, she noticed the worry written on their friends' faces, as they were watching the young couple sharing their moment of hurting and comfort.

Surprisingly, Robbie spoke first:

"Jade, we're sorry that you've gone through all of this, but we can help you. You can come and talk to us if you ever need to," he truly meant what he said. 

Cat handed her a stuffed toy she had - it was her way of making Jade feel better. That was what friends were for. 

"What do I do now?", Jade murmured after what felt eternity of sitting on the grass and stroking the stuffed animal. She was starting to get uncomfortable and imagined that Beck felt the same, so she carefully shifted around until she was sure that she and he were in a better position.

"What do you want to do?", Beck asked. Whatever she decided, he would support her till the end. That was how much he loved her.

She let out a breath she had held for a little too long and confessed:

"I still want to put the play."