Chapter 10

Hanna's POV

Ali and I arrived back at the cabin and burst through the door. Spencer and Aria jumped at our unannounced entrance.

"We can't find Em," I said out of breathe.

"What?" Aria asked.

"What do you mean you can't find her?" Spencer asked.

"We were running south, and she just disappeared, we don't know when or where she went, or where she is," I explained.

"Have you called her?" Aria asked.

"She left her phone here," I said spotting it on the coffee table.

"Where would she go? And why leave?" I asked confused.

"Maybe she got lost," Spencer suggested.

"Ali howled, if she was lost she would've heard it," I said.

Ali whined and I looked at her sadly.

"Wait, what if Cece is behind this?" Spencer asked.

"How?" I asked skeptically.

"Do you remember seeing Jason last night? He seemed so lost," Spencer replied.

"What are you getting at Spence?" Aria asked.

"Cece turned Jason right? And Cece bit Emily," she said.

"Are you saying she turned Emily?" I asked still confused.

"No, but vampires have special abilities once they've been developed and controlled over time. What if Cece has an ability?" She said.

"Like mind control?" Aria asked.

"Exactly!" Spencer said.

"God you're brilliant!" Aria replied.

"Let's go, grab some clothes!" I told Spencer.

We had no idea if Spencer was correct in her theory but it was worth a shot. If she was I was going to be pissed. I had enough of Cece the first time we encountered her. This time we weren't going to be so friendly. Cece's cave of sorts wasn't too far from Rosewood, so we reached it fairly easily. I could smell Emily's stench. Wolves were quite strong, odor wise. We ruthlessly attacked the vampires guarding the entrance. I was surprised with how easy it was. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be so easy in a few minutes.

Alison's POV

I was beyond outraged when Spencer concluded that Cece was the culprit of Emily's disappearance. She already hurt Emily once I'd be damned if she did it again. We stormed into Cece's lair. It seemed like we were just here, oh right because we were. Sure enough Cece, Jason, and Emily greeted us. Emily didn't look like herself, she was in human form and her eyes seemed darker than usual. It was only the three of them. Her slaves were no where to be seen.

"I must say I am surprised you figured it out," she commented.

I growled furiously.

"What Ali? Did I steal your lover?" She teased.

I barred my teeth. I wanted to avoid a fight but if that was what it would come to I wasn't going to back down.

"What the hell did you do to Emily!" Hanna said.

"Oh nothing really," Cece replied.

"Bull shit!" Hanna yelled back.

"She came to her senses and chose to be on the winning side," Cece said.