30

"Scare me again like that and I'll chain you to me.", Taehyung whispered in your ear. Currently you were sitting on the counter top with eyes downcast as Taehyung scolded you for leaving without informing him, when you went practically just the next door.

You weren't actually listening to him. The session started fifteen minutes ago, and you found it baseless and now you were sleepy.

"......And I'll know kiss you now.", which also wasn't heard by you as you were dozing off. However, all the sleep vanished when Taehyung cupped your face up to him and crashed his lips on you. It had become common, and you reciprocated to his kisses, just as you were doing now.

~~~~

Biting your nails, you tapped your foot, unable to concentrate on work. Emilia had come to visit Taehyung and you couldn't help but think of the possible worst scenarios in your mind. All you wanted to do was barge into his cabin. 

You made your mind and walked towards the elevator but were pulled back.

"What about the nothing's-gonna-affect-me shit?", you turned back to see Eunwoo standing, with his head cocked to a side and brows wiggled.

"Right.", you sighed,"Can you take me to the place, from where you buy me coffee everyday?..Please", you pleaded and of course a whipped Eunwoo couldn't deny you.

It was a 10 minute distance from your office. You both entered and took a table.

"My treat today.", you got up and  before he could protest, walked towards the counter.

An old lady who stood behind the counter, smiled fondly at you.

"I assume you are his friend.", the old lady must have known Eunwoo well as he was regular at the cafe. You nodded, ready to place the order.

"It's rare. Most of the days, he comes alone but sometimes he brings a pretty girl with him. I thought her to be his girlfriend.", the lady smiled, "Glad to see you keeping him company. He's a nice boy."

You were confused about what the lady's words. Eunwoo had never mentioned about any of his friends before. But that girl, whom the lady told about seemed close to him. You shrugged off, thinking he wasn't comfortable or he would have told you about her. And you decided not to ask him about this.

You paid for the order and took the tray to the table. You checked your phone as soon as you sat. But to your disappointment, no texts or calls from Taehyung. It would had been other days, he would have definitely followed you two to this place.  

"Stop checking your phone every minute. Boss must be busy clearing out things.". he held your hand from across the table and his thumbs rubbed over your knuckles gently,"Give me your attention for now."

~~~~

You were waiting at the exit of second parking for the last 15 minutes. Taehyung wasn't picking your calls and you were reminded of the last days of your marriage. The phase where you were just a wife, he cheated on.

You sighed and walked away, deciding to take a bus to the apartment. The whole bus ride was a roller coaster of emotions in your mind. 

You entered the apartment with wobbly legs, exhausted being standing throughout the whole ride home. After freshening, you sat on the couch waiting for Taehyung. A constant battle between your mind and heart, where all irrationality and rationality lies.