| 14 |

Red Room

14

Week 7.

"THEY ARE IN LOVE?"

Madame B spoke slowly, hardly believing the words that left her mouth.

Karpov and Melanie nodded, along with Adelaida who they had brought.

"And how-" she started but Melanie cut her off.

"Madame B, Adelaida told us about their love a few days ago. We didn't believe her of course, but we chose to investigate. Natalia doesn't sneak out to train at night, she sneaks out to see the soldier." Melanie said with crossed arms.

Madame B frowned. Sure, she had had her doubts about Natalia training during the night, but Madame B also knew Natalia was always working hard to be at the top. She would've ever expected Natalia to fall in love with the Winter Soldier.

"And his eyes are no longer blank and empty as they are supposed to be." Karpov continued.

"Adelaida what exactly did you see?" Madame B asked, turning to the student.

"As we train, the soldier is ruthless and merciless against others, however, when he fights Natalia his punches grow soft, along with her own. I have seen her sneak out of the training area and into his room." Adelaida said respectfully.

Her logic was pretty simple. If she couldn't have the soldier as a boyfriend, then Natalia didn't deserve to have him either. What she didn't know was what exactly happened to the Winter Soldier when he failed to do as he was told.

"And I've seen his gift roam around the halls by herself, without either one of the pair." Karpov said and Melanie's face scrunched up in disgust.

"I have seen what Adelaida has said, and I have no doubts on what they've done together in the soldier's room." She said before looking down at Madame B.

"My apologies, but I no longer want the soldier here, in the red room." Melanie said and Madame B stood up from her desk, looking at her with wide eyes.

"Please be rational about this. The girls have improved wonderfully with his training. Their english is almost perfect." Madame B said and Karpov shook his head.

"His conditioning is unraveling as we speak. Everything we've fixed to create him will break once again. We do not want to re-condition him." Karpov said, agreeing with Melanie easily.

Madame B breathed out in frustration. She knew the soldier had done great things for the girls, but she also knew he was supposed to be far from human. Besides, she was very disappointed that Natalia had been stupid enough to fall in love.

She frowned.

"I understand." She said before looking at them. "You can take your soldier back tomorrow."

Melanie smiled pleasantly, while Karpov nodded.

"Thanks Madame B. It was pleasant working with you while it lasted." Melanie said, holding out her hand.

Madame B shook it firmly.

"I do apologize for Natalia's unforgiving behavior." She said and Karpov scoffed.

"Yes, and I also apologize for the soldier's unforgiving behavior." Melanie said before smiling wickedly.

"I will see to it he is punished."

___________________

The Winter Soldier fell.

And he fell hard.