five

Merry Christmas guys! Here's your gift from me! I'm snuggled up under this cover and ready to read some more so enjoy! Oh and also a HUGE shout out to @-tranquility, go follow her and her stories because they are amazing and the characters Zora is based off of her! I love you. K bye. - Mo

. . .

"I probably won't be ale to cheer for a while. It's estimated that it won't be healed until April. That's almost the end of the year!" Danielle's shrill voice can be heard from across the lunch room, but to me it's almost in my ear.

I sit across the lunch table adjacent to Danielle's, lonely, while I listen to her complaints about her neck aches and possible ending cheerleading career for the year. I pick at the dry macaroni on my tray, blocking out her nagging as I think over questions in my plan.

Will it fail?

Will they forgive me before the plan starts?

What's wrong with each step and how can it be solved?

I don't even notice the tall girl who's hand is covered with a fashionable gold embrace until she says a rather loud, "Hello?" Almost immediately, my head snaps up to see the face of someone I don't recognize.

And it's a girl.

"I said, are you thinking, but I'll just take your staring as a yes. Anyway, I know what you're thinking. Oh, a Regular talking to a Loser? Yeah, I know. Weird. Anyway, you seem lost in your thoughts?"

I stare at her, slowly soaking in her quick yet jumbled greeting. I push my sleek curls back and smile nervously, breathing out. "Hey-"

"I'm Zora." She smiles, her dark blue lipstick lighting up a little as the lunchroom's sun shines over it. She pushes her hand out for me to shake and I, with ease and slight discomfort, reach my hand up to her. She quickly graps it shakes it, still beaming.

I release my flabby, weak arm from her strong grip and smile slyly. "I'm Jacob." I mutter.

"I know." She nods with a smile, removing the sachet from her shoudler and setting it next to my food before taking a seat next to me. "Blue's favorite target." She giggles, crossing her legs under the table. I take note of her black, shiny Doc Martens and 'The Weeknd' tee shirt.

Hippie, huh? I think. The dark blue and purple head band circulating around her head says so.

"It's that all I'm known as now? Blue's favorite target?" I groan. I suddenly and unknowingly release out all my problems to her and it feels good.

"Yeah, kinda." She mumbles in a bummed tone, filing her purple nails. She's hippie, kind of like a dark hippie, but I like it. Her purple jeggings complete the outfit with a light shade, perfectly constrating the dark and light theme in her outfit.

"You looked lost, so I came to help." She repeats from earlier. I look at her, eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I ask nervously. Damn Jacob, get it together! I mentally kick myself for my nervousness.

"Like, you were just picking your macaroni and just.. staring. You almost resembled a lost puppy for a second." She smiles a little.

Then it dawns on me. Oh! I know what she speaks of now. My thinking process. I was not confused for the reference but I hope my tongue wasn't sticking out in loosely under my lips like what Craig would call "a slow person."

I clear my throat and gaze down. "I wasn't lost, but thank you." I easily drop her offer and wait for her to call me a Loser and walk away. Regulars and Populars don't take extremely rare (no exaggeration there) help given up very lightly. They'll get mad, very mad.

Fortunate for me, Zora doesn't.

She smiles, peering over my forearm at something m. I look down at the paper I completely forgot all about, sitting lightly in front of my lunch tray with with the short, dull pencil on top. Before I realize what she's doing, she easily slips the paper up and begins reading, her elbows propped up with the paper directly in front of her. Her eyes are bright as she scans over it quickly.

"A friendship plan?" She inquires, lifting an eyebrow with laughing eyes. I nod.

No response.

Realizing she can't hear me, I say "Yea." but a lot quieter than I intended. Still not over the fact that a Regular is talking to me, I agree just to prove her right, though honestly, it is hard. She sets the paper down back in front of me and stares straight in my eyes.

"I'm going to help you." She musters a quick smile, pushing herself up on her hands before retrieving her satchel, tossing it over her shoulder. Before she walks away, I try to explain that she shouldn't waste her time on a guy wasting his time trying to get his friends back.

"B-but I don't think-"

"It was nice talking to you, Blue's Target." I frown at that nickname. "I'll see you tomorrow."

And then she's gone.