fifteen

Jacob at the top (or side for all my computer unicorns), my favorite curly head cutie! Glasses only make it worse! Apology for any future mistakes you may notice. -Mo

. . .

"No, what if you became a male model, bruh?" Craig suggests to Chresanto as he stuffs his remaining slice of pizza in his mouth. Chresanto laughs and watches as I ruffle my Afro. Ever since he admitted his feelings for me, I've taken them quite well. I've even slyly tease him occasionally, and as a result, I earn a few death glares from him.

"You should really consider that." Devon affirms, bobbing his head in agreement. Chresanto blushes a little, but then a confused look locks on his face. "Is that a bad thing?"

"With muscles the size of boudlers, sleek cereal-like hair, fangs for a smile, and a personality that drips with humor and good will, I don't think it is." Zora confesses as she sets her tray full of lunch food down next to him.

He looks from me to Zora, and then from Devon to Craig and then smiles. "That sounds like a resume kind of description," he says, and we'll all fall in a fit of laughter.

Ah, t feels so good to laugh with them again.

Suddenly, Chresanto's eyes glide up behind me, straight past my position from across the table. His face goes blank and maybe even a shade of red. He sits up a bit straighter and adjust his glasses, laughing nervously.

The whole time I watch in utter confusion as his eyes trail up from past me, to above me. That's where I see the shadow across the table, as if his big, buff body sprawled over out table as if he shielded the light from our table.

"H-hey Blue." Chresanto babbles, twitching for the slightest second.

And this is where the day falls. I think to myself.

I stay stiff, my back as straight as a ruler as I anticipate the damage to come. A neck straggle, hair pull, anything. Blue is known for his unpredictable revenge. That's why you come to school prepared for anything, you might as well call us minutemen. Ready to fight at a minute's notice.

But I'm not!

"Tell him, Cresent roll, exactly what I'm saying." I can feel Blue hovering over my Afro and tense up, but my focus stays hard on Chresanto. I watch him look up in that "geeky" way, fixing his glasses over his nose again.

"I-It's Chresanto and um, okay." He nods vigorously. For someone as strong as Chresanto, their confidence should be shooting out of the school's roof right? Wrong. Anyone's, even teachers, confidence can fall to shred with Blue around, whether you're a Popular on not.

"Whatever Crest Santo," he grumbles, and I can sense him rolling his eyes. Chresanto does too, but in his head for safety precautions. "You tell Jacob that I said he's going to suffer long, horrifc, terrible, excruciating, and painful revenge. Alright?"

The color of the table returns. He's gone without a pain to my body. Our whole table is silent. Chresanto and I exchange worried glances and he gulps.

"Jacob?" Chresanto says in a shaky tone.