Chapter One: Wolf Moon

"Ashley are you even listening?"

I groaned. "No. Not really. I'm trying to figure out where the hell I am. I think I'm lost Ali." I admitted, squinting at the darkness before me.

I heard her sigh through the phone and smiled.
"Oh great. Check your GPS." I blocked out my cousins words and focused on driving my car.
I sighed when I didnt see any streets or signs, I only saw tall trees on each side of the road.

I pulled over my tiny car and grabbed my phone from the passenger seat.
"It says I'm by the Beacon Hills Reserve? Well at least I'm close. I think if I just follow this road.." I trailed off, stoping completely when I saw someome stumbling along the road.

I reached over and turned on my high beams, the light now reaching the person. About ten feet ahead of my cat is a lanky boy, who kept stumbling every few steps. I put my car in drive and quickly pulled up next to him.

"Hey, are you okay?" I called out after I rolled my window down.

"What? Ash, who are-." Allison started to ask but I quickly hung up and focused on the clearly injured boy.

The boy looked over and hesitantly nodded. Wincing when he stumbled.

"Okay bullshit. What happened? Are you hurt?" I asked gently, looking at the shaggy haired boy.

He sighed. "I was attacked. By a dog or something." He admitted.

"Oh shit. Do you need a ride? To a hospital or your home? Or to a hospital?" I asked, flinching at the boys pain.

The boy hesitated again, probably weary about driving with a stranger.
"Im Ashley. I just moved here from San Fransico. I live with my uncle and his family. Do you want a ride?" I asked again.

The boy laughed and nodded. "Yeah sure. Thank you."

"Not a problem. I enjoy giving strangers rides in the middle of the night when I'm completely lost in a new town." I joked.

"Your lost? I can guide you. And give you directions to where ever your going. To repay you for giving me a ride." The boy said getting into my tiny car.

"That works for me." I said as I started driving down the long dark road.

"So why are you out here to late?" I asked curiously. Glancing over at him.

He sighed. "Stiles. He wanted-"  I interupted him.
"What the hell is a Stiles?" I asked utterly confused.

"My best friend. He's a idiot." The boy laughed.
"Uh okay." I said, then let him continue.

"He wanted to come look for a dead body. Then ditched me when his dad, the sheriff, found him." He explained quickly.

"Im sorry, what?" I asked in disbelief. "A dead body? Like an actual dead person? Where the hell did I move to?" I asked in a small whisper.

"Oh turn here." He said suddenly. I quickly turned and sighed in relief when I saw houses.

"But yeah. Dead girl. Or at least half of one." The boy chuckled.

"Your joking. You went looking for a dead body and got attacked? That's crazy. I'm asking my uncle if we can move again." I said jokingly.

Honestly, death should bother me. But I'm used to it. Or at least used to strangers dying.
I've only ever lost my dad, and I was so little when it happened I don't rememeber it well.

The boy directed me to his house and I parked the car.

"Make sure you clean that. Since you won't go to the hospital. Stuff like that gets infected easily." I said turning my light on.