Chapter 2

Sophie trudged toward the seat that Mr. Forkle had labeled "Sophie". She wasn't in the best mood, which was fair, given not only had her peace been disturbed there had been many traps & deceptions in the Black Swan's newest hideout. Of course Keefe had thought it was hilarious, considering the experience as "good inspiration for future pranks". Sophie could only hope that none of them involved her. Her thoughts were interrupted as Mr. Forkle's voice jolted her back to the present. "I'm sure you're all wondering why you're here." He started. Tam muttered under his breath, probably something along the lines of "no dip sherlock". "Well, the Neverseen seem to be planning another attack. Quiet down & let me explain!" Mr. Forkle raised his voice on the last sentence, no doubt sensing the shouts everyone was holding in. "This time, they have their eye's in this." He displayed a silver cache. "And no, I don't know why. But, we do know which route their planning to take, so we plan to intercept them there, & using the element of surprise, stop them from going any further so they cannot do further damage. Any questions?" Immediately, the gathering exploded into a mess complaining voices. Sophie on the other hand, didn't utter so much as a word. She could only remember how much they had lost in similar encounters. "They plan to attack in 2 days from now, so we have very limited time to prepare." Mr. Forkle warned. "But at the same time, that might work in our favour, because they might not expect us to be capable of getting ready in such a short period of time. Now I'm going to give you the main part of the plan, but you can contribute any ideas you might have. Listen Carefully." But Sophie could only go through the list of who they had lost over the years, not what they had gained. And while one part of her brain listened to what Mr. Forkle had to say, the other part repeated the same thing over & over. Who's Next?