CHAPTER II - ECLAIRE

CHAPTER II

ECLAIRE QUILA QUACEY

I feel like a vegetable. Truly, if you lack sleep, wala ka halos magagawang matino. I feel so tired and scared. Even if I feel so heavy, especially my eyelids which seem to have sacks on them, hindi talaga pwedeng hindi ako pumasok. Kahit ganito ang nararamdaman ko, kailangan ko pa ring pumasok.

At breakfast, pinipilit kong umarte na walang nararamdamang kung ano. Lola Narda is very protective over me. Aalagaan n'ya nga ako 'pag may sakit ako pero kasabay noon ang matinding sermon. Nagpaalam na ako sa kanya at nagmadaling pumasok.

While in class, pinilit kong makinig kahit sobrang sama ng pakiramdam ko. Lennex noticed that I was about to fall asleep because of my tiredness. No'ng tinawag ako ng aming guro upang sumagot sa kanyang katanungan, agad akong nagpaalam na pupunta sa university infirmary (sosyal 'di ba? Sa halip na University Clinic ay University Infirmary ang tawag!)

"Do you want me to accompany you, bessy? Kinakabahan ko. Baka kasi matumba ka."

"Ayos lang ako. Please have notes for me."

While walking to the infirmary, which happens to be twenty minutes away from my classroom, I noticed that there are only about fifteen students walking about the corridors. Since I am invisible to them, I slowly made my way to my desired destination.

I knew a shortcut to the infirmary. So, I decided to take that instead. Upon making the sharp turn, I almost bumped into one of my schoolmates. I quickly apologized.

"Sorry. I didn't notice you."

"Well, well."

To my horror, it was Mark Justine. He stared at me with a sinister smirk. He wasn't with his allies. But, that doesn't make him less of a threat. He walked painfully slow towards me and I kept on walking backwards. I felt the cold wall on my back as he was merely a foot away from me.

"What's the matter, little fag? Scared?"

"P-please. Wala naman akong ginagawa sayo. Please let me go."

His deep chuckles made me shiver. How sinister can one's laugh get? He pushed me onto the wall with a thud. He pinned both my arms above my head with his right hand and placed left palm on my neck. He applied enough force to make me choke a little.

He opened my legs with his. Marahan n'yang nilapit ang kanyang mukha sa akin. With him at a distance this close, I can smell his minty breath. I looked into his eyes and saw an incomprehensible emotion.

"Bitiwan mo na 'ko, please. I have to go to the infirmary."

"Sa tingin mo, may pakialam ako kung kailangan mong pumunta dun?"

He began to choke me with his hand. I tried shaking him off of me, but, with the stature of his, medyo imposible iyon. With every cough I release, it seems to be music to his ear. Tears slowly fall down from my face with discomfort.

"Ang mga kagaya mo dapat binubugbog!"

He began to punch me... kick me... and all-out beat me to death. I begged him to stop. But my cries and pleas seem to stimulate him more. He verbally abused me. Calling me names.

"SALOT! ANG MGA KAGAYA MONG GUTOM NA GUTOM SA KATAWAN AT KATAS NAMING MGA LALAKI! YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING PIECE OF LIVING SHIT!!!"

He continued to assault me. Punch after punch, kick after kick. I endured them all. Huwag kang magiingay. Baka mapatay ka.