CHAPTER VI

CHAPTER VI

NARDA's POV

For the first time in over a dozen millennia, I felt fear. Ang kapangyarihan ng mga maligno na nasa kagubatan ay hindi sapat para magapi kaming tatlo. We were those angels who chose not to participate in the battle and then were banished to walk on the Earth until the End of Times.

Hindi ko inasahan na ganito ang mangyayari.

We were outnumbered. The malignos were accompanied by other creatures.

As the three of us stood in front of the house, behind us was the barrier erected by Minerva and Adolfo, stood as the only protection that could and would protect my grandson from these low-life motherfuckers.

"Well, well. Isn't it the Great Masquerade? How lucky I am tonight."

That voice...

Yes...

The most corrupt and loathsome witch of the millennium, Belzeba; the Bringer of Plagues, slowly walked out of the forest and stood in front of me. Noon palang, nakararamdam na ako ng hindi maganda sa kanya. She's the direct descendant of the woman I am tasked to torment for all eternity in Hell. Morgana la Fae, the self-proclaimed 'Devil's daughter', was Belzeba's direct predecessor. Both of them are bitches in my eyes. My boss Lucifer smirked and mocked the fact that she claims to be his heir. Funny.

"Hmm... isn't it the basic bitch herself? Belzeba, it's been a while."

"Of course. You changed. Ang pangit mo na."

"My beauty doesn't need plastic surgery. It's classic and conventional. Unlike yours. Not matter the numbers of surgeries you undergo, you will always be the butt-face bitch every classic novel about witches portray."

After saying that, I knew I hit a nerve. Being a witch who desires to be immortal, looking old isn't really supposed to be brought up. She lifted her hand and released a curse called the plague. Basically, it's just a swarm of flesh-eating insects coming out of her palms intended to rip your flesh from bone. Before it could it me, I erected a barrier that repelled her curse.

I smirked at her and saw the frustration in her eyes. Her swarm of locust diverted towards the malignos and quickly killed them.

"Remarkable. You're truly an exceptional witch. But, your Auntie Morgana was a much worthy adversary. You couldn't even reach her level by a single percent. Such a pathetic disappointment."

After that, she did something I didn't expect. She used a spell so dark that only four witches were able to conjure it. A spell which transforms its conjurer into a creature beyond recognition is called The Taking. It makes them practically a demon without conscience.

Greenish black skin, long nails, sharp fangs and two horns protruding from her skull gave her the definitive appearance of a demon. But, she lacks one thing...

We fought each other as the earth shook beneath our feet. I cannot simply let them get my grandson. I'd rather die than let them have him.

Belzeba and her legion of low-life scum were able to penetrate the barrier due to the fact that Minerva was simultaneously attacked by witches as well as Adolfo.

But, I have a trick up my sleeve as I always have.

The house that we were staying at is enchanted by a very powerful incantation cited by generations of ancient vampires and their allies. It'll protect anyone belonging to their kin as well as those with the intent to serve them.