Day of Fun

You woke up to the sound of knocking on your bedroom door. You roll over to look at your phone and see that it was 10:30 am. You blinked a couple of times and heard the knocking again. You rubbed your eyes and stretched out on your bed. You got up and began to slowly head towards your door. You opened the door and see your mother's face holding a great big smile.

"Good morning honey!!" Your mother explained.

"Hi, mom. What can I do for you?" You said a bit confused. She looked at you for a moment and her happy face changed into a concerned look.

"Is everything okay, something seems wrong?" You looked at your mother for a moment, questioning to yourself how she would sense something was up. Then you remember that she knows basically everything about you. Especially when somethings wrong or bothering you. You looked down at the ground for a bit then looked up at your mom.

"We broke up" you said looking away, feeling yourself start to tear up. She grabbed you and put you into one of her best hugs. She began to rub your back and walked you back to your bed. You began to cry into her chest as she kept telling you how everything will be okay and that shes sorry. You sat with her like that until you managed to calm down. You both looked at each other and hugged one last time before your mother hopped up off the bed. She looked back at you and smiled.

"I know what we can do! Let's have a girl's day! You can invite and all three of us can go out shopping or whatever else you want!" She looked at you, her eyes full of hope that she said the right thing. You looked up at her with a big smile.

"That sounds great." You said smiling up at her. Her eyes lit up with joy and she became excited.

"Great! Call and I'll go get ready, you too! Dress like a princess today, because it will be all about to." She says as she leaves the room. You smiled seeing and hearing how excited she got after you agreed with her. You got up and went over to your closet to find an outfit that would catch others attention.
You grabbed the dress your dad loved seeing you wear. He would always have a huge smile when he saw you walk out in it. You remembered how he would dance with you Everytime you wore it. You both would be spinning together laughing the whole time. You stood there staring at the dress, but you only noticed now that you had begun to cry again.
You missed your father more and more every day. He was always there for you, even when he made you mad or upset. You shook your head and got changed. You wanted to do something simple with your makeup since you were too lazy to do anything over the top. You put your foundation and concealer on, then you contoured your face and set it. You put on eyeliner and some mascara.
You looked at yourself in the mirror and smiled. You looked cute. You texted your best friend your mom's idea for the day. It didn't take long for her so answer, she replied excitedly and said she would be over in a couple minutes. You smiled down at your phone and put it on your pocket. (Yes, your dress has pockets) You put on your favorite body spray and grabbed your handbag that matches the dress.
You headed down stairs and saw your mom looking at her phone waiting for you. She looked up and tears came to her eyes. She smiled at you and reached you for a hug. You hugged each other and your mother spoke.

"You look absolutely beautiful, my little bunny" she said happily.

"Thank you, mom" you said back. She let go of you and calmed down from almost crying. "I thought it would be a good idea to bring something that reminded me of dad along with us," you said looking up to your mom.

"Sounds great, honey." She said smiling. You both heard a knock on the front door. You headed over thinking you had to let your best friend in. You opened the door and it wasn't our best friend. It was your ex. Your smile went away and your face became mixed of disgust and anger.

"What do you want?" You said angry. He looked at your outfit and smiled.

"You look cute today." He said with a wink.

"Answer the damn question! What do you want?" You yelled. Your mother heard you raise your voice and came over to see what was going on. She saw your ex and she pulled you behind her.

"Something I can help you with?" She said sternly. You could tell she wasn't too happy that he decided to show up. You just looked at her eyes and understood.

"I came to talk to (Y/N)," he said. "It won't take long, just a couple minutes." Your mother looked at you and you shook your head no. She looked back at him and huffed.

"Listen, we have a busy day ahead of us and you're making us lose time. Now if you would, get off my property before things get ugly." She said with a tone right before anger. You held your breath waiting for him to leave. He stood there a moment and shook his head.

"Fine. If you want to be that way, go ahead. Bye." He said walking to his car then slamming the door shut after he got in. He sped off and as soon as he turned the corner, your friend pulled in. She hopped out of the car and you ran to her. You hugged each other and you began to cry. She gave a concerned look to your mother and she waved her hand to motion you both to come inside.
Once you were inside your mom closed and locked the door behind you both. She walked over to the front windows and shut the curtains. You calmed down on the couch and explained why you started crying to your best friend. She hugged you again and looked at your mom and back to you. She stood up quickly and had a huge smile on her face.

"Forget him! We have a full day ahead of us! Let's go out! Eat, party, and just have fun! Let's enjoy today and you might even be able to get a guy's number to replace that scumbag." She said elbowing you lightly. You laughed and she laughed with you.

"Alright ladies, let's go. We have a LOT to do and not that much time." Your mom said. You looked at her smiling and nodding your head.

"Yeah! Let's go!"

Word count: 1159