5 Seconds, 5 Minutes

Waking up by the sound of an alarm, Park Chanyeol didn’t even open his eyes to tap the snooze button for he still wanted to sleep. He has tapped the snooze button 5 times already. He didn’t care if he’d get late to wherever he’s going. But not until his alarm won’t go off, or rather, Kim Jongdae kept on calling his phone. It irritated Chanyeol so he answered it groggily, “Hello?”

“Where the hell are you Park Chanyeol?! It’s 8:30 in the morning. The line’s getting longer and longer. Reserving a lazy person is not allowed here, for your information.” Jongdae hissed at him, not bothering to at least greet his bestfriend a good morning.

Chanyeol checked his watch and Jongdae was telling the truth: it’s 8:30 and he should be there by 7. Chanyeol didn’t care, but he definitely cannot tell Jongdae that, so he just apologized, “Sorry I forgot.”

If only Chanyeol knew, well he really knew it, Jongdae was rolling his eyes and probably, cursing Chanyeol for having this attitude, “It’s a job interview Chanyeol. Everyone who is unemployed is here, except you.” And Jongdae’s curses were endless.

Chanyeol ended the call even though Jongdae was still talking, well he’s been talking for almost 2 minutes, Chanyeol counted, only cursing and telling how bad Chanyeol’s laziness was. But Chanyeol was used to it; Jongdae really talk too much. He’s gay.

Park Chanyeol, 25 years of age, currently living away from his family, because he didn’t want burden. Or rather, he didn’t want to be a burden. But still, helping his family after he graduated, but not until one year of being unemployed. Cause? Tardiness, Huang Corporation didn’t need him. Chanyeol didn’t mind because he can just take a job from somewhere in the streets, he knew he’ll live.

Chanyeol stood up a minute after Jongdae cursed him on the phone. Chanyeol took a bath for more than 25 minutes, he calculated. Chanyeol cooked breakfast for 15 minutes and ate breakfast for 15 minutes again, he’d rather not get a job than to die because of hunger and he didn’t mind how Jongdae was so red because of anger. Well, he knew that many people were there and that he can still get there until 10, he counted. Chanyeol picked his clothes, tried to look presentable if he’d face the interviewer. And he’s ready to go. 30 minutes to get there, Way to go, Park Chanyeol.

Chanyeol got there 5 minutes after 10; well he hadn’t seen Jongdae anywhere.

BUT IT TOOK CHANYEOL 5 SECONDS TO SEE THE GUY 55

Chanyeol walked in the office, the guard letting him in as he led the way to where the other unemployed guys were. Taking in the new environment, Chanyeol blew on his hands to feel his breath as he gave thanks to the guard for good 2 seconds, and looked at his seat, 1 second, and to the guy beside his seat, 2 seconds. 5 seconds in all, he saw the brown haired, fair white skinned guy. He instantly sat right next to him.

Chanyeol then checked his phone, and indeed, there were many text messages sent from Jongdae, purely curses for not replying to him. Chanyeol thought he needed to reply so Jongdae won’t kill him after this interview.

To Jongdae:

Sitting next to the guy who has brown hair. He looks pretty presentable.