Chapter Three: Down the Hole

Well, here we are. The most beautiful of houses looms over me, exuding happiness and sunshine. Ha. Yeah right. This place is a dump! Why anyone would want to move here, escapes me. The windows are boarded up, and it looks like it was built 500 years ago. Seriously, I don't even think there's plumbing. I turn and see a blonde girl walking her dog. She waves, and I'm just about to yell hello when Victoria comes up behind me and puts a well-manicured claw on my shoulder.  

"Look how charming it is," she croons. I'd like to believe her but even I can see slight distaste on her face. I want to wait for the rest of the furniture to arrive, but Victoria insists I go pick my room. I really hope it's better inside. 

Spoiler Alert- it's not. Just as I suspect, there's not even a bathroom, just a big open space, with stairs. How am I going to survive?! 

Dust chokes my lungs and a floorboard breaks clean off, and goes cascading down the stairs, when I rest my foot on it. This is so hazardous! Victoria and Dad actually expect me to live here! It's easier for Dad I guess, he's always gone on business trips, promoting his AI technology and helping third-world countries. 

Upstairs is not much better. Cobwebs swarm my face, adding to my misery. I spin around and point at a room. There. My room was chosen. I head downstairs, lost in old memories. My mind is so lost, I don't even notice that my foot goes through the hole in the stairs. I wait for my leg to hit something, but it never comes.