Chapter 7: Out Of The Frying Pan And Into The Fire

Lindy stops her droning when she sees my sad attempt at getting to my feet and running. "What are you doing silly? The Counc-" 

I grabb. her wrist. "Lindy, listen to me, you have to run. Get out of here. Leave me. I'll just slow you down. GO!"

She looks strangely at me. "Vivian, if you think I'm going to leave you to the Sharngs, you're dead wrong." She hoists me up on her shoulders like some superhero, and takes off running. From behind her, I get my first glimpse of a Sharng. Lindy's right. They are terrifying to no end. The thing is covered in fur and has fangs the size of my arm. It has to be at least ten feet tall. It's six legs pound after us, as drool drips from its mouth. 

"LINDY, RUN FASTER!! IT'S GONNA EAT US!!!"

"I'M TRYING! IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, YOU AREN'T BEING MUCH HELP HERE!"

"Oh, just save your breath and RUN!" I retort. 

The Sharng gains on us quickly, and I can smell its odious breath. Disgusting. It comes closer and closer. All I can see is the blackness of its throat, and then, well, there's no pleasant way to say this, but, it eats us.

                                                                                      ***

We come to our senses in a tangled heap on the ground. It's smooth and glassy, not like how I imagined the stomach of a Sharng would be. I look at Lindy and- oh gosh. What is she wearing, and where did she get it, I want one. It's a black jumpsuit with purple highlights, kind of matching our surroundings. Lindy turns and looks at me. 

"Vivian, I don't think we're in Toran anymore."