Chapter 3

“Just take a seat, someone will be right with you.” The lady in scrubs spoke sweetly. The two nodded with small smiles and took their seats in the waiting area. 

The two sat in silence for a couple minutes while they waited. “So how come you always disappear?” Harry asked out of the blue, shocking Adison. “What?” She asked, taken back by his random question. “Why. Are you. Always. Disappearing?” He asked in a slow tone and she hit his arm playfully. “I don’t know.” She said shrugging her shoulders, not able to come up with an excuse.

“What ever.” He scuffed. “What?” She asked. “You never tell me anything. Ever.” He stated and she shrugged her shoulder uncomfortably knowing he was right. “Adison, you have known me for three years, I would think you would trust me a little by now.” He said sounding offended.

“It’s not that I don’t trust you. I just.. I-” She sighed. “I don’t know.” He rolled his eyes and shook his head. She didn’t trust him. He wanted so bad for her to trust him. He wanted her to open up and tell him all of those problems that were hidden behind her eyes. After knowing her for three years, you would think he knew a lot about her, but all he really knew was the basic stuff. Her favorite color. Favorite movie, song, type of food. He knew that she lived with her uncle.

But what he didn’t know was why. Why did she live with her uncle and not her parents? Did they pass away? Has she never know them? Did they simply not want her? He didn’t even know where she lived. He wanted to know everything about her. He wanted to be her diary, to hold her secrets

Since the day they had met and he looked into her beautiful eyes, he couldn’t get them out of his head. Thinking of her voice is what put him to sleep at night. He had fallen in love with her the moment their eyes met. He wished she felt the same about him. 

“Adison? You can come back now.” A male nurse with a warm smile said and Harry watched as Adison followed him. “Oh your brother can come with you.” He said with a smile and just when Adison was about to protest Harry was by her side and the nurse was leading them into a long corridor.

~~~~

Her nurse was a man named Liam. He was brunette and had warm chocolate brown eyes. And a smile that invited you in and made you feel comfortable and loved.

“So it’s your jaw?” The brunette man asked stepping closer to Adison and slightly turning her head to get a better look at the thirteen year olds jaw. “Mhhm.” She said trying to hide the pain she was feeling from the small move. 

“So where is your parents?” The male nurse asked. Writing something down on paper that was in a folder. 

“Don’t know my dad and I live with my uncle.” Adison replied quietly.

“How come he didn’t bring you here?” He asked. “Work.” Was all that came from Adison’s nearly closed mouth.

“So how did you get this?” He asked looking at her jaw again.

“I got in a fight and.. Well the girl really hurt me I guess.” Adison said shrugging her shoulders. And the nurse nodded his head. “Can you open your mouth for me?” He asked and fear flashed over the young girl. She knew this would hurt.

She slowly opened her mouth, wincing in pain and fighting back tears as the nurse studied her jaw. “Okay love, you can close it.” He said softly. And Adison did so. 

“Is your jaw all that’s bothering you?” Liam asked writing more things down while Adison nodded. “Are you sure the bruises on you arm or.. Your black eye.. Or you leg? Are you sure you don’t want to talk about what happened with those things?”  The nurse asked trying to pry information from the girl, knowing there was more to the story than a petty fight.