Part 3

.
Part 3
“I can’t believe you convinced me to join you.” I look at the black dress Cate dressed me in, running my hands over the delicate lace fabric. It was a very form fitting mini, with an off-shoulder strap effect revealing most of my upper back and bare shoulders. I really regret Cate talking me into this.
“This dress is way too short Cate.” I mutter out in frustration while tugging at my dress to make it seem lower. I sigh out in disappointment
“Come on Alex, don’t be such a prude.” She laughs of while dragging me to the mirror. “You look beautiful”
“No, I look stupid.” I looked at her with despair in my eyes. “I feel like a fucking whore, and this dress is too tight. Can’t I just stay home and drink some wine and fall asleep on the damn couch?”
“No Alex.” She laughs and starts curling my hair.
“But please, I don’t want to gooooooooo.” I wine like a two-year-old.
“Hold still, I’m going to burn you.”
The smell of alcohol, sweat and sin fills my nostrils as we walk into a small dingy club. Red lights flood through the thick smoke in the room. My lungs already going into shock from all the secondhand smoke I am inhaling. I grab Cate’s hand while she led me through the crowd of intoxicated people, feeling overwhelmed by the cheap beer aroma. I look around anxiously at the couches lined up at the sides of the club covered in people smoking pot and sucking each other’s tonsils out. Mercury 89 is a notorious night club that everyone crawls to as soon as the other bars in town close.
“What do you want to drink?” I hear Cate yell over the loud music vibrating the bar countertop.
“Can I just have a cider?” I ask nervously knowing what her reaction’s going to be.
“Give us a round of sex on the beach.” She tells the muscular bar tender ignoring my request.
“No, we can’t have sex right now Cate, it’s rude to ask for sex before drinks.” I tease at her as she flicks her middle finger in the air to fuck me of.
“Add two shots of tequila just for that.”
Cate and I are opposites; she is a confident, extremely social bitch that will not take any shit for others. Then there is me, I like watching movies, going for walks and believes the best company is a romance novel. Our friendship is the most cliché you can get right? The official bad girl and the geek type of vibe.
She hands me my drink and her facial expression says it all. She gives me my tequila and I roll my eyes at her. Closing my eyes, I bring the shot glass up to my lips and with one hit gulped it all up.
“Fuck.” I exclaim while a river of fire streams down my throat into my chest and down to my stomach. Cate replaced the empty glass with a full one and I repeated the action. The warmth quickly spread through my body and I could feel myself getting tipsy seen as I never drink.
“You already feeling it kick in girl!” She yells over the music with a giggle.
She grabs our drinks and makes her way to one of the couches in the far back corner of the club where I can dimly see some of her friends sitting. I hurry behind her seen as she walks way too fast for me, and I must catch up with her. She leaves me in her tracks and as I make my way to them some drunken people bump into me and a stranger’s drink gets messed all over me. “Fucking idiot.” I mumble as I walk faster through the crowd. My dress is soaked.
As I reach Cate, I notice a tall lean figure standing next to the couch with what seems like a beer bottle in his hand. This guy was kind of cute. The nerves shot up into my stomach as I see an intoxicated smile break out on his face, revealing his sharp jaw line and his boy’s cut curled hair. I just want to run away but somehow my body still seems to be moving towards them.
“Are you okay?” Cate asks when I went to stand next to her. “You are soaked.” She said worriedly while handing me my drink.
“Yes, some asshole spilled his drink on me.” I said while not breaking eye contact with the mysterious curled hair man. “I am going to head to the washroom and just dry myself of.” I excuse myself from the group and take a step back.
“I’ll join you.” The mystery man said and walked up to me.
I hesitated for a second but ended up saying yes seen as I do not want to be stuck alone in a bathroom line in an unfamiliar club.
As we walk into the sharply lit hall, I could see him more clearly. He looked like your average college boy with a pierced ear who has clearly been juicing to get his muscles. Thank god there was no bathroom line and I could slip into the ladies’ room. To me relieve the bathroom was empty so I did not have to make any small talk or eye contact with heartbroken drunken ladies. He followed me in which seemed a bit odd, but I did not draw any necessary attention to the situation. I excused myself from him and walked into a toilet stall wear I unzipped my dress and tried drying it up with some tissue paper.
“Are you okay?” I heard his voice outside the stall door after a while.
“Yes.” I cough out as I quickly try to get dressed again but before I could accomplish my goal in getting the tight dress over my breasts the stall door flung open and he was right In front of me with his body pressed up closely against mine. I caught my breath and fear filled each corner of my body.
“Don’t scream okay?” He whispered as he pressed me up against the furthest wall next to the toilet. Shock filled my body and the only noise I could get out was a plea for help.  His rough hand slid up against the inside of my thigh as I try to sprawl away, his grip around my neck tightened. I felt dizzy but I was not sure if it was the tequila or the current situation.
The last thing I remember was the smell of beer and a smoker’s breath plunged up against me as I fell into a pit of darkness.