Chapter 10: The talk

*** Liz's Point of View***

I got out of Tim's suite . The situation in there was heating up. Just then I saw Caroline in the lobby of her block. I went there. I really needed a distraction to clear my mind.I didn't see Rebecca around.

"Hey! Where's Rebecca ?" I asked looking around.

"Oh she's saying that she's gained some weight since her visit to Paris. So, she's at the gym." Caroline said and rolled her eyes.

"The Gym? And what? No way, she's not gained any weight. Hey, she's skinnier than me! And it's like what, day 1 in Paris?!"

"Yeah alright . She's Rebecca, remember ?"

I sighed . After all, she really was Rebecca!

"So anyway what's up ?" I asked, sitting in the couch she was sitting on.

"Nothing much. What about you?" she asked.

'A lot much!'

I remembered the talk of the past of Tim in his suite.

Just then,I got out of the room when Kristof entered Tim's room!What a jerk ! I mean seriously ,how can anyone have so much guts? So much guts to walk around shamelessly after so much of sin and accusation?!

I didn't know that Tim had gone through so much! No body did. I guess it's because he really composes himself. Manages to fake a smile everyday. It sounds easy. But it isn't that easy.

I seriously felt bad for what I did. I mean he told me everything . I turned the pages of his past. I made him go through all the pain. It was bad! I felt remorse . I really shouldn't have done that.

But if it wasn't for my lie, I would have never ever found out the truth. Tim would never tell me anything. We are not that close. Well he'd never tell me that easily, at least never in consciousness .It .wasn't that bad after all.

C'mon I can't lie to myself that I did a pretty awesome job of pulling it together. He didn't even suspect me a bit when he told me everything about his past.

But it was kinda sad. He was betrayed so badly.

"Hey Liz?" Caroline asked.

I got snapped back into reality!! Aww...... no! I drifted again!

"Ya well everything is alright !"

"Doesn't seem so" Caroline raised her eyebrow and eyed me suspiciously .

"Hey wanna watch a movie?" I tried to digress the subject.

"Yeah .. I'd seen a few DVDs in Patrick's luggage!" She pushed her cushion aside and got up to search for the DVDs.

Thank God for the DVDs . Else I would have to explain everything to her.

--------------------------------------------

I grabbed a handful of popcorn and shoved it in my mouth. We were watching a horror movie. Caroline was screaming so loudly that it was actually her scream that was scarier that the scenes!

I love horror movies but it was the second time I'd seen this one . I hate to see the same movie twice. And moreover, I was enjoying scaring Caroline when the ghost came into the scenes .

The lobby had a transparent glass window ,or I'd it call a wall, which gave a view of the other suites . I had been keeping an eye on the suite of Tim.

Nope, no opening of the door or breaking of the window. I could hardly hear anything ! Were they doing some sort of peace making?

Caroline noticed my disturbed face and she asked me,"Ok Liz! It's enough! Stop lying to me. Will you tell me what happened?"