Chapter 6 : Paris

*** Liz's Point of view***

"You see you don't really have to go to France for me " I said to Tim. We were at the tuition classes .

He was peacefully doing his work. Or, rather I would refer it as too peacefully for Tim Brooks .The class was too silent . He didn't utter a single word . The silence wasn't soothing . It rather made me clumsy, and totally uncomfortable .

He looked up from his writing . This was the first time I actually noticed his features .

His black hair was messy and and uncombed. When he looked up, I guess he was too busy on concentrating on something because his expression was dead serious . Although his expression was serious, his eyes were looked mischievous , especially with that sparkling sea blue iris .

He leaned on the support of the chair and started giving me a more serious look.

" I am not going to France for you" he said.

I knew it! I was just being paranoid, totally over thinking things and taking it to another level. He was going to France because he wanted to go there ! Who wouldn't ?

I don't know why but I felt disappointed . It felt as if he hated me . It felt as if we were there on the start, back to square one .

I composed myself , I didn't want to think that his reply sent over a thousands of thoughts to my brain.

"I know. "I said. "Why are you really going to France?" I said ,trying to change the topic .

"Well....."he hesitated . I was successful in changing the topic. I secretly heaved a sigh of relief. "I don't really know .I guess I needed a vacation and I have never been to France before. But I have heard a lot about it . I'v heard of it to be extremely beautiful ."

His hesitation confused me . I know he wasn't faking his hesitation . It was as if my question caught him off guard . I knew that a vacation isn't what is taking him to France . Why was he really going ?

"Yeah, even I heard of it to be beautiful . I haven't really been there before . But Rebecca has . I think you can ask her. It's her favorite place on earth!" I said.

He looked at me and said," Do you really think I would ask her ? She'd possibly grab my hand and not let me get out of there "he said, annoyance evident on his tone.

"If you think that you couldn't even ask her about France ,which would take a few minutes at most, then why are you traveling with her ? You know it will be a long stay. At least two weeks!!" I said. My curiosity was getting the best of me.

He looked at me as if I had caught him off guard . His look made me think as if I had sabotaged his plan . It kind of made me self conscious and think twice . Did I say anything wrong ?

Then he relaxed . His now relaxed face made me calm down too. He creased his brows and thought of a really good reply. I knew that his reply wouldn't be anything but a lie.

"Don't lie to me about it." I said. "I know that you are thinking of a lie as a respond but for your information, I won't take it."

"I wasn't going to lie about it "he said, calmly. "And besides it is day two of tuition classes and your already getting so chirpy !" he said.

He didn't have any answer to my question. But his expression is what made me confused . His face showed that he wasn't expecting that question from me , at least not today, not now. I realized that he deliberately changed the subject.

I didn't want him to know that I found his expression , abnormal and suspicious . I didn't want him to doubt anything . So I decided that maybe now I should get chirpy .