Chapter 3: The tuition talks

*****Tim's point of view*****

Finally ,history ended.That was the longest period i'v ever stayed or studied .Then every one rushed out .Everyone was bored ,I could see that .

Elizabeth came to my table .She looked at me .I could say she was clearly pissed off .I tried to calm myself .

"Hey Blondie, I know it will be way too awkward .You know, you tutoring me "I said directly .

"First thing-My name isn't Blondie ok ?!! If you didn't hear what Mr.Schultzman said ,II'll repeat .I'm Elizabeth Martins !! Got it? And about the tuitions do I have a choice ?"she said sarcastically .

" About you name- don't you think that it's old fashioned ? and tuitions,you can decline it!"i said furrowing my brows."Oh ,sorry! I forgot your a nerd ! Nerds take all the shit given by the teacher"

She looked at me . She was irritated by my reply.But still ,she was calm .

"Stop criticizing me! You don't know anything about me.Even if you did, you don't have any right to judge me.Your a newbie , so don't go overboard.So what if my name is old fashioned ? And for your kind information " She paused for a second "I maybe a nerd! But I am the nerd who will tutor you for the classes you'v missed.Your a moron to insult me "She yelled and walked away .

She really overreacted .In fact ,she always does. But I guess , this time I screwed the whole situation .But it isn't my fault . She might be a nerd but her attitude is the thing that is going overboard .Not me ! I don't know how the hell will I deal with this psychic nerd for a month !

--------------------------------------------

I went strolling in the baseball ground .It was empty .Damn it !it was a big field .I bet there are a lot of equipments for this field .

"So you are Tim Brooks,the mid term joiner and the grabber of sports SCHOLARSHIP"

I turned around to see a middle aged man .He had wrinkles and hoary hair.He was wearing a red T-Shirt with a print saying "Boston Baseball".He was wearing a grey track pant .By his T-Shirt and the way he emphasized on the word scholarship I could say he was the coach.

"Yeah .You got the right person, may I know who are you?" I said , playing dumb.

" I'm the coach of the school's baseball team " he said ." You can call me coach Whitey" . He said offering his hand .I shook it.

I got a bit confused with the name. No doubt he was white as snow .But it was stupid of me to think that way. It must be his name .

"Nice to meet you ,Coach"

"Yea.Tomorrow after-school .Bring your gear .You don't need bats and other equipments .School has got plenty of those" he said.

"Umm...I think that there is a bit of a problem , Coach ." I said ." Actually , you see I'm a mid- session joiner .Soo..." . I didn't know how I will explain all these .

"So the school has asked you to make up missed of lesson by making tuition your after school activities !" .

Thank god he told him for himself .He said calmly, fairly not over reacting

" You got it, Coach.But it was not the school it was my history teacher!"

"Schultzman eh!" Coach said ." Well but you should not neglect baseball ,kiddo! It's the reason you got admission"

"I am aware of that ."I said ." But if I fail ,the authorities will not think twice about throwing me out of the school"

"I see, you'v got a problem here" Coach said ,thoughtfully ." Well , why don't you divide your after-school activities then ,Tim?"