Ice Titan x Troubled Child Reader

Back when you had to pick a Titan to worship for the rest of your life, you recall looking over the three. The Fallen Titan freaked you out the most, with his purple eyes and eerie gaze. The Sun Titan looked nicer, but there seemed to be a layer of sadness he was trying to hide whenever he looked at the Fallen Titan.....
Although the Ice Titan was definitely the nicest of the three, you could still see the same sadness in his pretty blue eyes.

You are still young, around the age of ten, and had been transferred from Lord Raiden's temple over to Pangea Ultima for misbehaving. Since you were an orphan (both of your parents died in the Titan War), you lived at Lord Raiden's temple for a majority of your life. Your stay at one of the Titan's empires isn't permanent, only for you to be taught a lesson and improving your behavior over the span of a year.

"Well?" The Fallen Titan's voice is low and comes out in a growl. "Which one of us do you pick?"
You are at the Temple of the Titans, a place where no mortal should be. The Sun Titan looks at the Fallen one. There's that sadness again.
"Be patient. The child has been through a lot. Give (him/her) time."

"It's entirely up to you," The Ice Titan speaks for the first time since Raiden dropped you off here. His voice, for lack of a better description, sounds cool and seems to echo a little. Like he is speaking in an ice cavern. "I..." You stammer. You know about the legends, how these three shaped the world from nothing and sparked the same war that killed your parents years prior.

You've heard rumors about how they battle. How they fought and are immortal. They are Titans, the most respected and feared beings in all of Pangea Ultima, and now you have to decide who will discipline you for a year.....
"The Ice Titan." You blurt out. That seemed like the most reasonable choice.
"Very well, watch out over (him/her)," the Fallen one rasps, obsidian armor seeming to absorb the light of the setting sun as he walks down the steps.

"You'll be fine," The Sun Titan smiles, then nods at your new teacher, and walks off as well.
Now that you and the Ice Titan are alone, he kneels down to your height with a small smile.
"What is your name, little one?"
"(Y/n), My Lord."
"(Y/n)," he tests your name out, smiling a little more. "How pretty. Come along, we should get you warmer clothing."

The weak sunlight reflects off of his kind but sad eyes, shinning much like the sapphires embedded in his hood.
****
Since you are going to be taught under the Ice Titan, you are allowed to live in his temple for the entire year. You are given one of the spare bedrooms he has.
The Ice Titan himself lives alone in the temple, so there is a lot of space to explore.

Despite his stern teachings, he is never mean to you. You would find that out when you woke up screaming from a nightmare about the Titan War.
In a flash, he is at your doorway immediately, eyes wide.
When he sees you sobbing, he rushes over and puts you on his lap, holding you in his firm grip.

He waits for you to calm down, and you eventually do. "A nightmare?" He asks softly.
You nod. "It was about the war. My parents....Why was there even a war?" You demand through angry tears.
He frowns, looking over at a map of Pangea Ultima on the wall. "Even I do not know the point of that fight...." His sentence catches you by surprise. He genuinely sounds sad.

"You have every right to be angry," he looks at you, tears flowing down. That really catches you off guard. "I understand your frustration."
"Do you?" Only you are crazy enough to challenge a Titan, even though you know he could freeze you solid in a heartbeat.
"Yes. We had to fight because the Fallen Titan was getting out of control. If I told you every detail, you would just be scared and confused."

His lips suddenly pecking your forehead makes you blush. He smiles sadly, laying you back down in bed and standing up.
"Wait," Your voice makes him pause as he walks back to the door. "Can I...sleep next to you?"
He looks back, the small opal charms attached to his cape swaying in the movement. "Of course, my snowball." He also has a habit of calling you snowball, which you enjoy hearing him say.

You get out of bed and walk beside him to his room.
His room looks more like a chamber, with a roaring fireplace and a king sized bed covered in blue, purple, and white blankets.
The stone floor is cold and dark on your bare feet, making you sprint over to his bed and jumping in.
He laughs, walking over and adding more wood to keep the fire going.

"I know it is rather cold in here. But I have more than enough blankets that should help keep the chill away." He explains in a soft voice.
To his people, the Ice Titan is feared and respected. But when he is with you alone, he treats you like his own child. Yes, he's stern, what parent isn't?
But under all of that ice, there is a small ember of love for you.

He watches you get comfortable, then gets in bed himself. "I hope you do not suffer anymore nightmares." He croons, looking at you as his head rests on a pillow.
****
Weeks pass as your bond with him gets stronger. You yourself aren't a Cryomancer, there haven't been any cases of people with that power in generations, but you know how to fight with a bow and arrow.
You've learned how to vent out your anger with archery. This has helped a lot, to your shock.

You view the Ice Titan as a father figure of sorts, and in turn, he secretly lets you call him by his real name: Bi-Han. But even so....you still see sadness in his sapphire blue eyes.
One time, when he thought you were asleep, you decided to sneak into the kitchen for a glass of water, and passed his crying form.

You've rarely seen him cry. Looking through the crack in the door, you saw him kneeling in front of the fire place of his room, trying to muffle his sobs.
The way his shoulders shake tells you he's weeping.
Forgetting the fact that you're thirsty, you open the door fully.
"Father?"

He turns his head quickly, his hood up as tears flow down and get caught in his beard. "(Y/n)...." He wipes his tears away, eyes bloodshot.
"What are you doing up?"
"I got thirsty. Why are you crying, father?"

He looks away, sniffing, then focuses back on you. "It's...a long story, snowball. To put it simply, today is the anniversary of the Fallen Titan's fall from glory."
You have heard about that legend: where the Ice and Sun Titans used their powers to strike the third one down. He was getting too corrupt, or so the legend said.

No wonder the Fallen one looked so angry.
This is the only time you have seen your father so upset over something. Not even that time you broke one of his fancy vases made him this upset.
"I'm sorry," He lets the tears fall. "You shouldn't see me like this."
"It's okay, dad. You taught me how to handle stress. Sometimes people need to cry it out. I get it."

He smiles through his tears, pulling you into a tight hug. Since you're so close, you smell that familiar scent of spices and hints of citrus that cling to his clothing. A sort of wintery smell that calms you.
"Thank you." He murmurs, holding you at arms length and kissing your face a few times gently.

You laugh, trying in vain to push away. He laughs, his sadness momentarily forgotten. "I love you, (Y/n). I'm glad you chose me to guide you."
You smile. "No problem, father. I love you, too."
"I'll still be here to guide you. With the stars as my witness, I promise to help you with whatever you need."
"Same here, papa." You rest your head on his chest as he hugs you again, kissing the top of your head. The both of you listen to the fire crackle, and you feel your worries melt away.