Why?

t̵̥̗̭̩̝͚͎̞̻͉̋͗̈̅̿̋̐͊h̷̢͓͚̱͔̜̒̉̈́̊͛̾̽̚͝a̸͈̎͋̅̓̄̚͝͝t̶̨̛͔̻̳̻̞̹́͗͠ ̸̮̉̾̎̌̄̈͑w̷̨̛̹̣̺͓͚̜̻͛͊͌͐̈́͑̚͝a̷̧̠͙͈̲͊͊ś̵̢̥͚̊̔̾͂̈́̿̀͆n̴̢̡̡̬̳͙̠̹͓̈͐̓͒̋́'̵̤̳̟̲͈́͊̽͒͛͗t̶̫͔̥̠̱̪̼̱͍̐̓͘͘ ̴̨͖̟͎̞̯͙͑̄̽̚ͅe̸̢̡̡̡̥̟̖̭̗͎̐͋̒x̸̖͔͖͇͒̍̑̔́̑̚p̵̟͚̺͍̝͎̔e̶͙̖̺̰̘̭͆̔̽̾͒͋̓̍ͅc̷̺̘̦̘̪̈́́̃̄̄̐̉̀̕͜t̸̫̙̬̰̘͕̥̤̼̑͋̈́͛͆̆̇̽̊̚͜ë̴̪͓̲̮̹̘́̓̈͐͗̂͠d̴̠͍͈̰̜̉͒͌͘̕

(Back to Kiibo POV)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Please, t-tell m-m-me, how d-do I s-stop feeling s-sad?!"

I close the door to Ori's cage and then look at the purple-haired boy I try my best to keep up my composer since that was the question I have been asking myself ever since I went into hiding. I walk towards the boy with a blank stare and put a hand onto his shoulder and adjusted my hat a bit. I had not been programmed to deal with these types of situations, wait why am I thinking about my code now out of all times? Screw the code.

"Well, Kokichi I may not have the exact answer but I can assure you it's possible." I say to him.

He looks up at me which exposes the tears staining his face.

"Life is revolved all around wants, needs, and expectations." I explain to the confused boy. "It's hard to find genuine people anymore in a society like this because in a place like this people are skilled at the worst things that they don't realize they're doing like lying for example. Society is a horrid dry place were everyone has to suffer at least in one point in their life and even so it's hard to recover from the addictions we inhabit."

"S-So what d-do w-we d-do?" Kokichi questioned.

"We?" I said with confusion filling my head.

"That's r-right, remember w-w-when I-I was staying w-with you and Y-Y/N at y-your apartment?" Kokichi explained nervously. "W-Well I saw you leave t-that d-day...and s-saw y-you come back with dry tears on your face."

I stay silent, how could I not realize?

"I-Im sorry..." Kokichi spoke quietly.

I cross my arms and think for a moment before just giving in.

"There was a fire..." I start to explain as I take a deep breath "Everyone I loved died in that fire and somehow I wasn't there to burn down with it you may have heard of Iidabashi.Inc and I have a gut feeling you know the rest."

"O-Oh, i'm sorry I-I di-didn't know..." Kokichi replied wiping the tears from his eyes.

"It's whatever." I respond "It's just it bothers me that I could have saved them right? I could have stopped it right? Or at least done something!"

It seems i didn't notice I screamed the last part out loud as Kokichi jumped backwards and I sighed in defeat as I look at my bed and jump onto it feeling a wave of sadness. And then suddenly Kokichi was right next to me and put his arm around me engulfing me into a awkward positioned hug. We sit there in silence for awhile listening to the rain hit the window and just enjoying the quiet. I honestly never thought I would get along with Kokichi but I suppose like Y/N said opposites do attract. Suddenly I felt a head on my shoulder and looked over to see Kokichi asleep on my arm.

"Jeez, Kaito must have really gotten to you today." I spoke softly as I laid down Kokichi in a conformable position on my bed and put a plush blanket over his slightly wet and cold body. I smile to myself although I was pretty happy at the moment it felt at if something was missing or I should really say Y/N. I sneak out of the room and quietly close the door as I sat back down on my couch and thought about Y/N. After a lot of thinking in my classes I can say that I love them without a doubt in my mind. But of course do they feel the same? That's my main concern at the moment emotions are pretty hard I suppose especially for a stupid robot. I mean now that I think about it who would love some metal tin can? Of course Y/N doesn't like me what am I thinking nobody loves me that's for sure.

I calmly pick up a pillow that I have on my couch and scream into it letting out all of my confusion, annoyance, and anger out onto this poor pillow. I lift my head off the pillow and decide to go get a snack and drink after all I have been working on my tasting function recently. I go into the kitchen and grab a Ramune and some Crackers and peanut butter and sat down at the table as I let my mind run wild with thoughts.

Something feels wrong here...