Author's notes - Introduction

Daughter of the Dragon is the fantasy novel I would have loved to read when I started exploring the Fantasy genre!

This is a high fantasy story in true Tolkien-esque fashion. There is a complex, fully fleshed-out world serving as the story's backdrop. The plot takes some time to build up, giving the reader time to get to know the characters and appreciate the setting. When the story gets going, it offers mysteries and magic, knights and monsters, damsels in distress, and brave heroes. But it's not completely over-the-top high fantasy, where heroes have fantastical powers and can overcome any challenge. The overall tone is a bit less dark than what I usually write, but still serious enough. I think the word grounded is an apt description of what I'm trying to portray.

Daughter is written in 3rd person past tense, with THREE main character POVs. Two females (DARYA and MEIKA) and one male (VALANT). Each chapter is fully committed to one POV, so it should be easy to follow. The MCs are in the coming-of-age segment.  There will be love and action, but it's not going to be Adult tagged. I think New Adult is the right label.

Daughter is WIP, so not every detail is set in stone ATM, but we're looking at a full novel of about 160-180k words. Chapters are ending up in the 3500-4000 range, which is quite meaty, especially for a WP book. It's a standalone novel, but 'with series potential,' as they say (I already have books 2 and 3 plotted out, but not written, obviously).

But enough of this. Let's move on to the story. Vote if you like it, and don't hesitate to comment.

Love,

Felix