Chapter 2- the devastating loss

A month later
Ullu: *hoots* night pride! The villains are running through the pass!
Kion: what? Night pride, follow me!
They arrive at the pass.
Rani: a monitor lizard?
Fuli: Kenge. *Growls*
Kenge: *stirs up chaos* come and get me!
Kion: you asked for it! *Swipes at Kenge*
Ushari: *appears* you really thought one honey badger could defeat me, usssssshari, the most venomoussssss cobra in the outlandsssssss?
*all gasp*
Bunga: ushari! *pins him down*
Kion: brace everyone. *roars*
All villains: aah!
Kion: they're gone for now...
Rani: well done, Kion. *nuzzles him*
Kion returns the nuzzle. Fuli felt disgust grow in her heart.
Fuli: (thinking) I need to talk to Bunga, Beshte, Ono and Anga alone...
A while after talking to them
Bunga: ooh yeah, Kion and Rani are cute, but Kion and Fuli would also make a great couple.
All: Bunga!
Bunga: what?
Beshte: little b,Fuli loves only Kion, I think we should do something about it.
Anga: yup.
Ono: there's nothing we can do. We don't even know if Kion loves Fuli back!
Fuli: yeah, you're right. *runs off*
The Others follow fuli and go to Kion.
Ullu: *hoots* night pride! Rani needs your help!
Kion: lead the way Ullu.
With Rani
Rani: *growls* go away Egyptian cobra.
Ushari: oh, no. My fun hasssssss just begun... Kuma, now!
The so-called Kuma lunges forward, biting Rani on the paw. For a moment Rani felt sheer pain, she was shocked. A yellow and orange cobra had just bit her. then dizziness started to take over and then she threw up one time, then she fell to the ground. The world around her started to blur, then she eventually saw black, then felt nothing...

 The world around her started to blur, then she eventually saw black, then felt nothing

That's Kuma.
Ushari looks at the assumed dead Rani and said: well done Kuma.
Kuma: thankssssss for giving me the chancssssse, massssster.
Ushari: it wasssss my pleassssure. My fangsssss are weakened cause this is my revive.
Once the night pride arrived the snakes had already left.
Random Bird: Ullu, night pride, I've received word that Rani was bitten by a snake. She is now assumed dead, lying down inside the tree of life.
There was an awkward silence. For a while.
Kion: what? Take me to her now!
Random Bird: this way! Leads the night pride to the tree
At the tree, lots of animals were standing at the entrance.
Kion: so it is true...
Fuli: cmon, let's go...
Inside the tree
Kion: Rani? *Nudges her*
Rani: Kion... the tree of life will thrive on its own... leave... go to a land that is far south...
Kion: what do you mean...
Rani didn't answer. She opened her mouth to talk, then closed it again. She managed to spit out a word.
Rani: Ki...on...
Then she slowly weakened, then stopped breathing. Her tail twitched one last time, then she went lifeless.
Kion: no! She isn't dead, she isn't! She has to be alive! Makini! You must have something to save her, right?
Makini shook her head, and Kion burst into tears.
Fuli: *walks over to Kion* are you okay?
Kion: yeah...
Outside the tree
Makini: animals if the tree of life, queen Rani has completed her journey in the circle of life.
All gasp
Binga: no way...
Female polar bear: oh no...
Makini: as is tradition, we will gather at the willows to say goodbye to queen Rani. As Rani has said the tree of life will thrive without a ruler and with the night pride, there will be no new queen.
Animals gasp
Kion's crown glows, and then fades.
To be continued...