Chapter 5: "I"

There was this intense flashback such that it blurs the line between what is real and what is not...

How could one person trust his brain when he himself cannot trust his own shadow or perhaps the shadows of his past? Or better yet was it even his past?

It is the flaw that goes along the mind of what seems to be hooked on a powerful darkness that is not limited in the concept of good and evil.

This darkness is just as it is, outside time.. Waiting for the minds of people to enter its void..

This darkness lives by its "hunger", it craves for more, humankind is just the "farm" that supplies it.

Who created this darkness?

No one knows...

"I am now drowning in what seems to be a sea, its deep, deeper than what it presents itself to be... "

 Its all calm and peaceful but I am drowning and yet my breath is still intact, still giving me life..

There is no struggle...

I was near the castle, I took the hand of the figure guarding the castle...

I was convinced that it will lead me into the castle but I was mistaken.. it is not what it presents itself to be..

It has a sense of Power, such that even in the smallest thoughts about it.. Might drive anyone.. Anyone... Into total insanity..

It drowned me in a blink of an eye

And now I am drowning without struggle, my skin does not feel the dark waters that touches my whole body...

Its pulling me downwards..

The man was getting lost underneath these waters...

This darkness perhaps was the birth of universes and worlds, perhaps it holds the birth of Creation itself..

The memories seems to come back to him bit by bit

It shows who he really is, a man alone stuck in a life that seems to go against him..

Hopelessly doing what is asked of him, also doing what his mind and heart tells him to do..

A detective risking his sanity to solve a ritualistic series of murders which includes a woman whom he knew and once even loved.

There were only markings on the floors, symbols that are unknown

Its been months but there is no progress..

 Meaning cannot be established given the markings

Motivation for the murders is not clear except that it was done in a demonic manner. or was it even demonic? Or was it all just hints of something more dangerous than pure evil?

The detective shuts his eyes hoping to get a break from the world.. it is in his seldom deep sleep where the only peace he knew came into existence

And by the moment he wakes up his peace becomes non existent yet again..

The world was indeed a dark place, the mystery of the murders makes it even darker...

It shuts down his inner connection to what makes him himself...

He is lost, broken and wounded inside and all he did was do what he thought was right...

The goodness within him became the demon that drags him deeper into his own hellhole within the trenches of his soul..

Slowly and slowly.. 

Sleep came less and less...

He was suspended from his work as detective for some reason...

Now all he has was lots and lots of free time... but the way he sees it: lots of chances to figure out the answers to the mystery behind the murders..

He was ready, sleep never came for days, his nights were filled with him planning how he can establish a connection to the murder..

Being a rational man, who is raised with a deep belief in logic, he would not entertain the possibility that these murders were Other worldly or Supernatural

To him, it was the doings of a damned sick mind of a killer (or killers)

That had figured a way to hide every evidence that might give out an identity or make a connection that will eventually lead to a solution

The man was determined but his determination was a mistake..

There were forces beyond, he can sense it all, after all he was like a walking radar.

But he cannot accept, that these "forces" are actually true or even at work.

"Stop this shit for your own sake!" His partner called him in his smartphone moments ago before leading up to this heated exchange of sentences.

"I won't rest until I find those responsible" the man said in a dead tone that usually comes out when he is angry

"I appreciate your concern but I assure you, whoever did this, I am sure that I can track him or her or even them down, I do not give a living fuck if they are the darkest or the most extreme occult or whatever group they really are"

"Stop it now damn it! Your brain is so messed up already, are you blind, detective!?"

His partner who was considered more intelligent as a detective than he is was concerned for him

The case was closed because its a dead end....

But then again humans have this element instilled in them, a willpower that will not stop unless it achieves what it wants to achieve..

Even the most complex of cases have a weak point or an opening  that when discovered will ultimately establish a way..

I am currently here still drowning, seeing some of my memories flash before me..

It gives me little hope but it still does not answer the question as to how I ended up here in this hell of some kind..

But why and how?

If this is hell and if this is damnation...

Why?

I was doing what is right... Fighting a hopeless fight just to track down the sick souls that needs to get locked up, to solve what needs to be solved...

Giving my everything, risking my everything..

What did I do to get trapped in this forsaken place?

But deep inside he knows that he was not trapped...

No, he was not trapped...

This place simply exists for unknown reasons...

No, he was not trapped...

This world

 This universe

This place 

is starting to get really familiar...

END OF CHAPTER 5