Chapter 11: "The Entrance"

I am reaching through... I'm seeing pieces of the truth and it disturbs me and terrifies me at the same time.. There are things that we as humans will never know about and those things.. Those truths I am now witnessing and living..

She was real after all, she and my wife are the same woman just from different realities.. But the truth is they are one... But what happened..

How did I find myself stuck in this place.. How?

The moment he asked himself within his mind, he was immediately out of the dark ocean and he did not even feel it or noticed how he got out...

He is in front of the gates that he had been trying to reach... He was in front of the castle..

Then something from faraway let out a massive cry strong enough to send terror straight to his soul and with reluctance he turned his head to look at the direction of where the sound was coming from...

It was the creature that was chasing him from before, the tall demon with a body white as snow riddled with human faces that expresses pain, anger, sorrow and the likes..

It was a living embodiment of the darkest corners of humankind and there it was staring at him with a changed face... Its eyes were stitched and its nose was nonexistent.. Its lips were thin and wide in a smile that hides its teeth (or fangs?)

 A smile that literally reaches both its ears.. Ears that seem to be all hearing therefore making it all knowing...

The faces in its body were howling in different voices... Cursing in different languages and for a moment.. The man had an idea that this was indeed a Dweller of the Chains

One of the beasts that lived in the chains that separate different realities..

They built their colonies among the walls or the barriers that tend to separate the dreamworld from reality..

No one knows where they actually come from or where those human faces of terror comes from...

The man ran to the gates of the Castle then without looking back he felt a strong sensation that the Dweller that was chasing him was not alone.. They were many. Indeed.

The man ran and as he got closer to the gate, he felt a burning sensation in his heart and within his hand appeared the Crimson Rose..

In the gate there was a symbol that seems to fit this large crimson rose and without thinking any further he laid his rose into it and upon doing so the gate slowly became transparent and he walked through it..

As he entered the castle, the gates of the castle became whole and strong again.. No longer transparent, saving him by blocking the creatures that were chasing him.. Making sure that they stayed outside.

Now he is inside the castle.. 

Inside there were walls that had strange symbols.. Some walls seems to be too far away and that they seemed to be portals to other cities.. What those cities were no one really knows but it would be safe to say that those cities were not earthly.. They are from other worlds and that means civilizations that lived either above humankind in terms of technology and progress,  below humankind and hardly "civilized" or just.. Totally different from humankind itself.

"Where am I?" he slowly whispered to himself

Then he saw the girl... She was wearing a simple dress, she is the same age as him and for a moment.. He smiled.. A genuine smile

"I know you now, you share the same soul,same blood, the same mind and the same heart" he added "As her.."

The girl smiled at him "There is no time now, I am so sorry about your wife, I am so sorry that she passed away in your world.."