Final Chapter: "Mercy for the Dreamless"

The dwellers of the chain are gathering outside the castle, surrounding it and waiting for their opportunity to get inside.. Waiting like hungry ghouls outside the gates..

The large creatures were gathering above the deep dark blue infinite skies... Growling in deep tones that would shatter human sanity more than the sounds of war ever could...

The crimson forest was crying.. A voice of countless lost souls sounding all together, representing an embodiment of humankind's inner horrors.. The titanic trees were drowning in their own blood...

The black mud river was becoming greenish and the decaying titan getting buried..  Glowing as well with... A sickening glow of green.. The nameless cemetery was also getting drowned in a greenish glow...

A series of blood colored lightning crackled in the infinite ocean skies..

Highlighting the creatures that swim there... And showing that their terrifying silhouettes were countless and each one of them was massive... 

The rain fell... Each droplet was glowing green as if diamonds the color of sickening grass started to fall from above crashing to the soft soil and making it twice as sinister as before... As faces started to appear.. Faces with the skin of soil.. Faces that were all crying because of an agony of which they cannot express... Crying tears of wicked green..

The castle was changing its form as its massive towers that carried whole cities within them were rotating giving way to more and more cities coming into existence out of nowhere...

The walls within the castles had glowing symbols written everywhere.. All with the same glow of green and all of them are changing from one symbol to another.. Never ending  in their constant changes..

The man was panicking and his heartbeat returned, it was indeed rapid.. His body seems to regenerate and it was no longer weak nor was it rotting...

The man looked everywhere but the girl cannot be found...

He started to run for the door only to find out that entering that certain door would just lead into the same room that he was in... As the walls had their ever changing symbols.. The ceiling of the castle started to elevate.. High above him.. Higher and higher every second... Higher until only darkness can be seen as witnessed by the man from below...

Hope seems to go out the window in his mind..

The man was all alone... But he felt Alive like never before.. He felt all the sensations of living his human life.. Every rush of emotion, of the good and the bad.. all were flooding his mind..

He felt everything, he even felt his soul locking itself within him, never wanting to get out as if afraid that what lies ahead could be damnation or something worst..

He looked everywhere to see the woman but she was nowhere to be found... He looked everywhere to see his imaginary friend but he was nowhere to be found as well..

The castle was rotating...

Its gates were opened, allowing the dwellers of the chain to enter and search for the man..

Within the mind of the man:

All I felt was fear and panic... It was hard to look for reason or a way to stabilize my way of thinking to adapt to this current situation: I was surrounded..

I was locked within a structure that seems to imprison me and the only way out is through those monsters...

The crimson rose was nowhere to be found as well... I was all alone..