💍 4 💍

I got home and met Peter already waiting for me. "Where are you coming from?", he asked angrily. Wait a minute! Ain't I supposed to be the angry one here? "Good evening to you too", I answered sarcastically. "You promised me dinner but you didn't show up, no call, no text, and when I called you it went right to voice mail. I was too tired to cook, so I went to eat out.", I explained. "Oh!", was all he said. Seriously? I don't know this guy anymore. Do I even know him at all? Well, I wouldn't let this spoil my mood. "Love, you can't believe what happened at the Diner today. A guy...", I started to say but he cut me off and said, "Can you  imagine what Michael Jackson did? He's getting married soon after jilting his pregnant girlfriend." Wasn't he listening to me? I was trying to share my day with him and he's here talking about Michael Jackson. Who is the Michael of a man sef? Sheez! "Uhmmmm... Michael Jackson? Is he a film director? Or what?", I asked, ignoring the fact that he ignored me. "Seriously? You don't know him? Who on earth doesn’t know Michael Jackson? If I asked you to follow me to locations, you'll be making excuses,saying you don't feel comfortable there, you don't like that I ignore you and I play instead with the female actors there. As if I'm supposed to play lovey-dovey with you. You're just so dumb! "  Uh oh! I'm not in the mood tonight. I stood up from the sofa and headed for the room.
"Ehn ehn you were saying something? "So he heard  me then but chose to ignore me." We'll talk about it later. Good night." I pecked him and went to bed.

  Hahaha! Why did I even tell this babe? She wouldn't stop teasing me. Tracy, my friend ever since we're kids, is such a tease. I told her about about Jason's proposal and she's been giggling like a love-strikken school girl ever since. "It's not funny, you know?", I told her, already fed up with her taunting. "Tell me babe, is he hot? As in smoking handsome?", she said, wiggling her eyebrows. Arrrhhhg! This chic is crazy! Absolutely nuts! "Common girl *winks *"..." OK, yes, he's hot. So much that he gives me goosebumps.",I confessed. "Now you're talking!"... This babe will surely implicate me one day. She doesn't like Peter I bit, since day one. They're always at loggerheads. She says Peter is not worthy of me. I know she's so happy that there's another guy in picture now." What did the almighty Peter say about it? Or you didn't tell him? ",she inquired." Well I've been trying to tell him since a week now but... You know how he is. ", I said." Seriously? He didn't notice the ring on your finger all this while? Don't you guys touch? Nawa o"... " So what am I gonna do with the ring? He told me to keep it. ", I explained to her." You see  what I'm talking about? My dear, keep the ring. If I hear that you return it, ehn, our friendship is over. " I wonder how I've coped with being friends with this crazy lady here! Jeez!
"When are you guys going out on a date? ", she pressed..."Huh????"

Who loves Peter?
Who's in support of Tracy?
Who hopes they go out on a date?
Almighty Peter didn't notice the ring. What does that imply?

Jason's P.O.V
Couldn't stop smiling to myself ever since I left Pearls Diner. Chidera. Chidy. Hmmmm. I must be crazy indeed. Proposing to a lady who isn't even my girlfriend. Jason is definitely crazy. I love her for saving me of embarrassment. She's got such a kind heart. And her smile, awwwwn! We must definitely meet again. I must know her better. After all, she's wearing my ring. I was still at the table smiling to myself, when Mellisa barged in. I mentally rolled my eyes. The anger I've been suppressing surged to the surface but I kept it at bay. "Jason darling, hi, how was your day? Yawwwnnn I'm so tired. Today was really stressful, I need some sleep.", she gushed, not even giving me the opportunity to reply. "Why didn't you show up for dinner? You could have called or texted.", I inquired,reining in my anger. "Oh come on! Is that why you're frowning? It's just an ordinary dinner. We can always have dinner some other time. Abah! Stop whinning like a baby.",she replied nonchalantly. " An ordinary dinner? Do you think this is about the food? It was special. I wanted to..."..." Abeg Jason! Lemme alone. I just told you I'm tired and you're ranting about food. In fact I'm going out, see you tomorrow. Good night.",she cut me off, wouldn't let me finish what I was saying. She stormed out, banging the door in the process. Whoa! That's just great!  If it were Chidera, I'm sure she wouldn't act like this.
Wait! Am I actually comparing Mellisa to Chidera? I smiled to myself. We definitely must meet again.

  Yawwwwnn! Thank you Lord, for making me wake to see the light. I checked my alarm clock. 5:15am. Isn't it too early to call her? I'll wait for a few minutes more. Tick Tock, Tick Tock. 5:45am. To hell with the time! I dialed her number before I could change my mind. griiinnn griiinnn! Is she still asleep? I was about to hang up when I heard her voice . Her morning voice. "Hello", seems I woke her up. Darn! "Uhmmmm... Good morning.", I said, unsure. "Jason? OMG! What's the matter? Are you okay? Did anything happen?" This must be a joke! Is she really worried about me? She sounds agitated. "No no, I'm fine. I just wanted to say good morning.", I told her, already grinning like a maniac. She cares about me! "What?", I jerked the phone away from my ear. What now? "You woke me up 15 minutes to my wake-up time, just to say 'good morning'? You just deprived if 15 minutes sleep Jason. Gawd! Were you missing me that much? It's not everyday you get to have a lady like me sleep in your bed. Get that straight!" Whoa! Whoa!! Whoa!!! Easy girl! How do I say this now? "Well I was really thinking,.. You know maybe... Well,.. Are you free tonight?" That's it. I've said it! "Excuse me?" Didn't she hear me? "I was asking if you're..."   " Yes, I am " Really?    "Huh?", I said, just to confirm if I heard right. "Yea", she affirmed. I could hear the smile in her voice.
"Pearls Diner at 7pm?"   "Sure." Yes! Mheeennn! I couldn't stop the grin on my face, it was from ear to ear.