ten ➳ fire in the smokehouse

I woke to someone brushing my face. I slapped the hand away and cuddled closer to the heat. The figure chucked.

"Wake up, my beautiful girlfriend." Bellamy sings. I smiled. I might never get use to him calling me that. I opened my eyes and smiled at him.

"What're we doing today?" I ask and kissed him.

"Don't know yet." He replied, getting up, and helping me up.

"Let's start the day." I groaned, walking out of the tent. I spot Octavia in the meat furnace. I kissed Bellamy before headed towards her.

"Let's get this party smoking." Del says, feeding the fire more wood.

"You don't want the fire too big. So maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves." Octavia tells him.

"You get that from your boyfriend, grounder pounder?" He insults her.

"She's right. A hot fire's not going to preserve the meat well." I say, walking in.

"You can't take the heat, get out of the smokehouse." He turns to me.

"Just keep working." I growl at him, "Why are you in the smokehouse?" I turn to Octavia.

"Better me working in here than anyone else." She shrugs. I nodded and helped her skin some animals. We must've been working for a couple minutes before I smelt a burning sound. I turned to see a huge fire.

"Shit." I muttered, "Octavia. We have to get out." I say to a panicking Octavia.

"Yeah. Let's do that." She says as we make our way out. I coughed as smoke entered my lungs.

"Are you okay?" Bellamy asked Octavia and I as we reached outside. Octavia coughed, but nodded in response. Rage filled me as I marched up to Del.

"This is all your fault!" I shoved him, "We told you it was too much wood!"

"Get the hell away from me." he sneered. I was about to punch him, but a figure pulled me back.

"Hey. Hey. Save it for the grounders." Bellamy told him.

"Well now what the hell are we going to do? That was all the food." Octavia asks Bellamy.

"Any idea what happened?" Clarke asks, running up to us.

"Del kept feeding the fire, mostly because Octavia told him it was a bad idea." I informed her.

"We have some wild onions and nuts in the drop ship. It's only enough to last us maybe one or two weeks. What's left here?" Clarke asks.

"Nothing. It all burned." Bellamy replied.

"Then we have to hunt. Anyone we can spare goes out. The whole grounder army out there? Look. We can't defend ourselves if we're starving." Clarke turns to us.

"Each group takes someone with a gun, and they're for killing grounders, not food. We don't have the ammo. Use the spears for hunting. Get what you can. Be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark." Bellamy orders, as the hunters scrambled around for weapons. Bellamy turns to me, "you stay here." He tells me softly. I rolled my eyes but nod nonetheless.

"I'll go get more ammo from Raven." I announce walking away, "Stay there. I'll be right back." I say sternly. I rush into Raven's tent.

"What?" She asks, annoyed.

"We need more ammo." I say. She hands me the last of the ammo.

"That's it till Jasper gets back. Now get out of my tent." I notice she has a bag in her hand and is filling it with various things.