Chapter 7

"I've been known to verbalize each secret I keep, whilst I dream/I guess sometimes, my sorrow decides to speak up, while I sleep" - Silhouette, Jacob Lee

I looked over my wristwatch and then at the Red light, tapping my foot inside the car restlessly. I was late for my date tonight which made me nervous. I thought for a moment that, I could go back and never show my face out of shame of standing someone up.

The car behind me honked; I looked at the light to see it turned green. The traffic had started moving. I paced up and reached the address on my GPS in a while. I came out of my car and stood in front of the large glass door. The door swung open and the little bell rang over the door.

The restaurant was filled with people, laughter, drinks, lights. The lights were playing blur and bright. People's faces were foggy. An indistinct music was filling the air.

A beautiful girl came to me smiling, showing a table in the corner where the light was dim. I moved ahead as I could see Jeremy sitting, his face turned away; a small sign-plate numbered 45 in the center of the table.

As I reached the table, he got up and grabbed the chair for me to sit. There were few small candles, a bottle of wine and two glasses, one half filled and one empty. The white plates shone under the glamour of the interior. I sat down, and felt him looking at me and smiling. I couldn't see his face either.

I was feeling uneasy to be honest. I never thought I'd be on a date with Jeremy. I looked at the shimmer around me once again, it felt familiar. I felt I have known this place for a long time, but I couldn't remember.

Jeremy kept his hands on mine, I trembled as I panicked he might catch my hands sweating. He was saying something but all I could hear was mumbling. I could hear muffled laughs around, like they were echoing in slow motion. I was sweating, and looked at myself to find out I was wearing a T-shirt. Everything in front of me was hazing out, I tried to catch my breath.

"Jiyaah!", someone spoke from behind my ears, and a cold breath froze my sweat.