Chapter 16

"Tell me where you wanna go/I feel anxious as we turn away" - Gone the Days, Jacob Lee

It was somewhere between night and light when my phone rang up. I was still loaded, but I tried to pull my stoned head up anyway. My eyes went wide when I saw it was Jiya. My head spun from the blunts I took a few hours ago.

I managed somehow to get up, but my phone stopped ringing when I grabbed it. The screen popped 4:23. But I couldn't quite make out what time of the day it was.

My mind wasn't working steady to process as to why'd Jiya call me up, my eyes closed again in dizziness.

The scorching noon almost burned my eyes off, waking me up. I tried to pull up my body from the scattered roaches and empty bottles on floor.

I was amped out, my body ached in hunger and thirst. My phone dinged, "Sorry bro, had to go", before I noticed that Ferris had left already. The notification bar reminded me of Jiya's call this morning.

"That's okay, you're still in for tonight right? Got stuff", I replied to him before calling Jiya.

Jiya's sleepy voice tried to figure me out on phone. Her face flashed up in front of my eyes; and her smile, the same way it did last night when my head filled with clouds and her smile, with each puff I took.

"Hey, you called me? Sorry I was sleeping" – I asked.

Jiya hesitated for a minute before saying, "Yeah! Umm, I just called to ask if you're free today?".

"Yeah!" – I lied in surprise. "Do you still have fever?"

"I'm okay. Wanna get some lunch?" - she asked. My heart dropped a beat.

"Sure, I'll come pick you up!" - I stammered. She said a small 'okay' before hanging up.

Ferris' text beeped, "K's coming with Jordy tonight!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: *There's going to be implicit mentions of drugs and colloquial phrases*

Hi Readers, I apologize for posting so late, but I tried to wrap some stuff up and I was busy with my work. Also, did some research for this Book. I hope you're enjoying this story. This chapter starts with a different person's POV, let me know in comments who do you think this character is. And don't forget to read and vote on my story