Chapter Twelve

"That was unexpected," Mew panted, pulling away to breathe.

"Um, sorry?" Gulf murmured, not sounding very apologetic.

"No, don't be sorry. I liked it."

"I liked it too."

Mew smiled, tracing Gulf's face before leaning in for another kiss. A slow one this time. When Gulf moaned, Mew couldn't hold himself back and tugged Gulf in closer. He was pliant in Mew's hands, allowing him to manoeuvre them so that their chests were pressed together.

Gulf was starting to get lost in the kissing and with the last shred of his sanity, he pressed his hand on Mew's chest and gave him a gentle push. While it felt amazing, it was all completely new to Gulf. It was overwhelming. Besides, they were sitting in Mew's car, not the most comfortable place to make out.

"Are you okay?" Mew asked, having instantly moved away when Gulf indicated he wanted him to.

"Yeah, it's just, I haven't done that before."

"Never?"

"Uh, no," Gulf blushed at the surprise in Mew's voice, ducking his head to avoid Mew's gaze.

"So, I'm your first kiss?"

Gulf glanced up Mew when he heard that husky, pleased tone. There was a glint in Mew's eyes, one that made Gulf shiver. It felt possessive, like Gulf was the prey and Mew was the hunter. Gulf really didn't mind that feeling.

"Yeah."

"Good."

"Good?"

"You're mine," Mew declared, his possessiveness slipping out, making his cheeks flush with heat.

"I think you're supposed to ask me first," Gulf giggled, not at all bothered by what Mew said.

"Oh right, Gulf will you be mine?"

"Your what?" Gulf teased, his eyes sparkling in happiness.

"Gulf," Mew growled, warning in his tone, then took a deep breath and sweetly asked, "Will you be my boyfriend?"

Those words sent joy rushing through Gulf's body, his heart beginning to race. He could feel a blush crawling its way up his neck. It was the first time anyone had ever said anything of the sort to Gulf and he was beyond happy to hear it from Mew. Mew. The first person he had ever had these kinds of feelings for. Gulf felt a thrum of fear. He had never been in a relationship before. What if he wasn't good at it?

"Now, you're nervous? Gulf, hey, look at me."

Gulf followed the order, making eye-contact with Mew. It was clear to Mew that it all suddenly felt very real to Gulf and that he was a little scared. Slowly, Mew reached out taking one of Gulf's hands into one of his and cupping Gulf's cheek with his other hand.

"Gulf calm down. Everything is okay, I'm here with you. What's wrong?" Mew whispered gently, rubbing Gulf's hand.

"It's just, I've, uh, I've never felt this way before," Gulf stammered then, seeing Mew's self-satisfied smile, muttered, "Don't look so smug."

"I'm not smug, I'm ecstatic. If you haven't noticed I can be kind of possessive and I love everything you are saying."

"But I don't have any experience. I don't know how to behave in a relationship."

"Gulf, no two relationships are the same. You just be who you are, and we will figure out our relationship together."

"Really?"

"Really," Mew asserted, pausing for a second before mumbling, "You still haven't answered my question."

"Oh? Oh, yes!"

"Yes?"

"We really have to stop repeating each other's words."

"Gulf! Focus."

"Right, yes I will be your boyfriend. That clear enough for you?" Gulf joked, a big grin on his face.

"Not quite clear enough yet," Mew breathed, leaning in to steal a kiss then proclaimed, "Now it's clear. You're mine. My boyfriend."

"Yeah and you're my boyfriend," Gulf whispered, wonder in his voice.

"Do you want to stay at my place tonight?"

"Excuse me?!"

Mew laughed at the scandalised look on Gulf's face, feeling deliriously happy. Gulf was now boyfriend. His cute little crush was his boyfriend. Now if anyone came onto him Mew could get rid of them and he would be well within his rights because he was Gulf's boyfriend.

"Get your head out of the gutter, Gulf. I meant my place is closer than yours and it's late. It would be safer for you to stay overnight with me than us driving over to yours."

"You sure it's safer for me to sleep with you?" Gulf asked, raising a suspicious eyebrow at Mew.

Mew smirked, his lips curling sexily as he winked.

"Honestly, Gulf, you are safe with me. I won't do anything you're uncomfortable with, you know that right?"

There was seriousness in Mew's voice and his eyes were fixed on Gulf's.

"I know that, Mew. I trust you."

Those words hit Mew right in the chest, his heart pounding painfully as he started the car. In that moment, Mew made a promise to himself to always protect Gulf. His boyfriend trusted him, and he would make sure that trust wasn't misplaced. It was an incredible, indescribable feeling to have Gulf place his trust in him. In past relationships, Mew had often had troubles because he and his partners didn't trust each other, but Gulf trusted him implicitly. He would never make that mistake with Gulf. It was like Mew had finally found someone who matched him, like, Mew couldn't believe he was thinking this, but like a soulmate.

"Gulf?"

"Mmm?"

"I trust you too."

Gulf jerked his head to look at Mew. There was something that told Gulf that this was very significant for Mew. Maybe it was the feeling in the air around them, like time was slowing down to allow the two to capture every single detail of this moment. This was going to be an important memory; Gulf could feel it.