Chapter Eight

"You're handsome," Gulf murmured again, making Mew blush even more.

"Uh, thank you?"

Mew wasn't sure what was happening. This wasn't the reaction he had expected when he had told Gulf that the other two were teasing them about dating. He had thought the man would either be disturbed and vehemently deny it or be embarrassed like Mew was.

Gulf realised he had made Mew shy and a felt a bit sorry, but Mew didn't appear irritated by what Gulf had said, luckily. He hadn't meant to say it out loud. It had just slipped out. Gulf had been trying to analyse his feelings about Mew, to see if there was something there. This was the first time he had every seriously considered dating someone, so he was wondering if it was something to do with Mew.

"We should go," Boun muttered to Prem, barely loud enough for Mew and Gulf to hear.

Boun took Prem's hand and led him up the stairs. He was differently intrigued by what was happening between Gulf and Mew, but he didn't want his presence to disturb them. In the morning, he was definitely going to interrogate Gulf. It was the first time Gulf had shown any kind of romantic interest in anyone. Another reason he was heading up the stairs was that the tension between Gulf and Mew had given Boun an excuse to bring Prem up to his bedroom.

"So, you call me cutie, huh?" Prem asked with a teasing tone in his voice as they walked down the upstairs hallway.

Boun turned to Prem with a raised eyebrow. His cutie wanted to play, huh? Did he not realise who he was messing with?

"What else should I call you?" Boun paused, eyeing Prem up and down with a sly smirk, "Sweetheart? Baby? Or maybe, sexy?"

"You think I'm sexy?" Prem blurted out, blushing furiously.

Boun blinked, not expecting that response. He had temporarily forgotten Prem's penchant for saying whatever was on his mind. Seeing those earnest eyes looking into his, Boun wanted to be truthful. He pushed open his bedroom door slowly, leaning in close to Prem.

"I think you're really sexy," Boun whispered, his lips brushing over Prem's ear.

"Uh," Prem croaked, for once having nothing to say.

All thoughts had flown out of his head. He was half-panicked half-pleased, his heart racing. Finally, Prem managed to rip his eyes out of the hold of Boun's mysterious ones and looked into the bedroom.

"Woah. Cool," Prem murmured, quickly stepping inside.

Boun was left shaking his head in the doorway as Prem bounced around the room. He found Prem's hyperactivity honestly adorable.

"Did you do all this?" Prem asked, gesturing to the artwork on the walls.

Boun simply nodded, taking a seat on his bed, allowing Prem to wander around and look at his creations. There were paintings on canvas, spray paint stencils, textile collages and even a few sculptures made of glass and card. At first glance it all appeared unconnected but if you looked closer there was a story, the artwork being connected by minimalistic murals on the walls.

"Boun, what is all this?"

"My life. I'll tell you all about it sometime," Boun whispered, his voice uncharacteristically serious as he wrapped his arms around Prem from behind.

Prem flushed again but relaxed back into Boun's hold, resting his hands over Boun's on his stomach. He tilted his head to the side, allowing Boun to settle into the crook of his neck.

"I like this."

"Me too, cutie... will you stay tonight?"

"Stay?"

"Just sleep here, with me, so I can hold you like this all night."

"Okay."

Boun grinned, pressing a light kiss to Prem's neck and began to hum a slow love song. Prem began to sway to the music, smiling when Boun followed his movements. They stayed like that for quite a while, remaining in their bubble as time passed by.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Gulf and Mew were trying to have a normal conversation, but the awkwardness of their earlier encounter still hung in the air. Gulf wasn't entirely sure of how to fix it. He felt sort of guilty that he had ruined their easy rapport. When Mew was about to leave Gulf finally gathered his courage.

"Mew?"

"Yeah, Gulf?"

Mew stopped on his way to the door, turning back to look at Gulf.

"I'm sorry, Mew, if I made you, I don't know, uncomfortable or something."

Mew didn't want to Gulf to think such a thing. Not at all. He had actually really liked hearing that from Gulf. In fact, he wouldn't mind hearing more of the same from Gulf. Mew only hoped that Gulf actually meant something by what he said and that he wasn't just making an impartial observation.

"No, you didn't, Gulf. I was just, um, surprised to hear you say that."

"Well, I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable."

"It didn't," Mew paused, walking back over to Gulf, his eyes flicking from Gulf's eyes then away nervously, "I liked it."

"You did?"

Gulf cocked his head to the side, his expression curious, but not disturbed so Mew continued talking.

"Yeah, I liked it. I also didn't mind when Boun and Prem suggested we date."

Gulf smiled then, feeling brave, whispered, "I didn't mind either."