Chapter 8

Rockpaw waited impatiently. He would give it a few more minutes before he went back to meet Dungpaw. Hopefully Carrotpurée would have made Nicepaw leave by then. Finally, Rockpaw crept back to the river and hid behind a bush. He peered into the clearing. He almost gasped. The entire clearing was splattered in red. It was like somebody had thrown buckets of paint all over. Into the water, onto the leaves, on the stones... Rockpaw stepped into the clearing and almost barged as he realised what it was... Blood.... Suddenly, a shape stepped out of the shadows. It was Nicepaw. Her fans were stained with blood and she grinned at her brother. 
               "N-nicepaw? W-what happened?" squeaked Rockpaw. 
                "I was having some fun with my new friend" smiled Nicepaw. Rockpaw looked up to see Carrotpurée hanging from a tree by her tail. 
                 "CARROTPUREE!" cried Rockpaw in horror. 
                 "I didn't know you could die twice!" exclaimed Carrotpurée, her voice raw. "This kid really just managed to kill me... AND I'M ALREADY DEAD!"
                 "Mm fun," smiled Nicepaw. "You guys know each other! We can all be friends!"
                 "You need so much help," whimpered Rockpaw honestly. 
                  "She does! She needs to go see a psychiatrist or therapist or one of those mental institutions," agreed Carrotpurée. "Pleaseee let me down." 
                 "Why should I?" shrugged Nicepaw. 
                  "Because you should respect your elders," Carrotpurée said wisely. 
                 "Um ok boomer," Nicepaw rolled her eyes. 
                 "TAKE HIM INSTEAD! TAKE ROCKPAW! HE'LL BE A BETTER VICTIM! I SACRIFICE HIM!" wailed Carrotpurée. 
                 "Uhhhh. What? NO! You can't do that! she can actually kill me. You're dead. You can deal with it," retorted Rockpaw, backing away from his sister. 
                 "If you haven't noticed, she's kill me twice over now. You haven't died yet. It's your turn," retorted Carrotpurée. 
                "Awwww both of you arguing over my attention," smiled Nicepaw, touched. "Right, imma head out. So please clean this mess lil bro." 
                "Yes ma'am," nodded Rockpaw, not wanting to disobey his sister. 
                 "Sike," said Nicepaw and disappeared. Rockpaw sighed and let Carrotpurée down. 
                 "Your sister is phsychotic. I'm out. Forever. I'm never setting foot on earth again! Like no... if they want to give you guys prophecies they can send someone else," cried Carrotpurée. Rockpaw watched Carrotpurée disappear and sighed. Pulling a broom out of nowhere, he started to sweep the clearing until it was clean. He had forgotten all about Dungpaw. During the commotion, he hadn't noticed if she had shown up and now the sun was almost setting. With a sad sigh, Rockpaw returned to camp. As he reached the camp, he felt the ground shake. Panicking, he rushed to camp. Loud blaring music was blasting and he had to cover his ears. He entered camp to see Catstar break dancing. 
                  "What's this?" asked Rockpaw, confused. The elders were in a corner of the camp, playing instruments made out of branches, leaves and moss (idek how). 
                  "Catstar is performing," Vladmirsoup shrugged. "It's pretty wholesome." 
                 "I need to talk to her," sighed Rockpaw, pushing past the crowd of cheering ThunderClan cats and toward his humongously (is that even a word?) obese mother. 
                  "Mother, I need to have a word with you," Rockpaw said urgently. Catstar stopped break dancing although it looked to Rockpaw like she was having a seizure. 
                   "Who are you?" asked Catstar. Rockpaw stared at her blankly for a minute then took a deep breath. 
                  "Your son," he said slowly. 
                   "I have a son....?" Catstar looked at Vladmirsoup questioningly who nodded. 
                  "You do," he confirmed. 
                  "Oh right. Hi, nice to meet you," Catstar smiled, extending her paw to Rockpaw. He took it, grimacing. 
                   "Are you serious? I literally came out of your vag..., how do you not even-? You know what, forget it. I need to tell you something important. Can you just come to the side for a while...?" Rockpaw led his mother out of the crowd and into her den. 
                 "What is it? It better be important," Catstar sighed. "I have many things to do. And they do not involve talking to lame nerds." 
                 "I'm not a- you know what, it's fine. Just, hear me out. It's about Nicepaw," Rockpaw started. Suddenly, Nicepaw slipped out of the shadows, a menacing grin on her face. 
                  "Oh hello dear brother. You're talking to mother about me," Nicepaw said sweetly, purring and rubbing her head against Catstar's shoulder. Catstar licked Nicepaw affectionately on the ear. 
                  "My dear daughter!" she exclaimed happily. Rockpaw rolled his eyes. 
                   "What did you want to say?" asked Nicepaw, her voice like honey. Her eyes dug into Rockpaw, making him fidget. He looked down, unable to keep eye contact with her. Nicepaw nudged/shoved him to talk. 
                  "I- just wanted to tell mum about that big- vole... you caught today," Rockpaw blurted, feeling Nicepaw's hard eyes on him. 
                  "And those ten pigeons, five moles and those seven rats and that peacock," added Nicepaw. 
                   "OH WOW I'm so proud of you! My only child! And she's the best warrior!" Catstar cooed. 
                 "Your only child?" repeated Rockpaw. "Am I not even existant?"
                  "No. My only... cool... child," corrected Catstar. "I love you though, Stonepaw." 
                 "It's Rockpaw," sighed Rockpaw. There was a pause as Catstar blinked at him blankly. "Anyways, I'm gonna go." 
                 "Bye brother," waved Nicepaw brightly.