This isnt goodbye

It was a few years in the future but Aimee had gotten a phone call. It was Johnny he needed to meet her and talk to her. They met up and talked as old friends do. But he had to tell her something. He said, Aimee you are the best friend I've ever had and I'm grateful for all you have ever done for me. You helped me become the man I am today and I couldn't have done any of this without you. You are an amazing person and I'll never forget you. But I have been told I'm being sent far away under a contract to work for a secret military operation. I have no choice in this situation as vague as the details I can give you are. I'm in demand as a mechanic to keep their equipment going. I'm not allowed to leave but am provided essentials for living. I am also not allowed contact with the outside world. Its something I feel as though i belong to. But if I don't go I get sent to death. I have no choice, but I want to tell you I'll never forget you. You have changed my life,  and you have been one of the biggest blessing in my life I could have ever asked for. I want you to know this isn't goodbye, we will meet again. It's never goodbye with a friendship like this. I'll never forget you Johnny told Aimee as he left in his vehicle driving away. He knew in his heart she had changed his life and could never repay her for all she did. But he also knew in the back of his head the rest of his life will never be the same without her being there.