Chapter 3: the only place i love.

It's been about a week since I "fell down the stairs" and my favourite orphanage worker was bringing me to the stables to see my pony, Solo. He's a welsh pony/arabian. (A/N there is a pony at my farm of those breeds whose name is Ayla..but I've already used that name HAHA.) he is a reddish chestnut with a small blaze and four white socks. He had a very thick mane that when clipped sometimes sticks straight up near his poll and then slowly calms down to one sidled as you descend down his big neck. I love him so much, and i bet your wondering

"how Do you have a horse if your at a orphanage?"

Well, my trainer is a very kind lady. She gave me solo, in exchange I work at the barn EVERY DAY from 4pm-9pm. But dot get me wrong, I love it. Now, Solo deserves to have a biography too!! Haha, okay so here:

Name: Red Solo Cup

Age: 9

Discipline: hunter jumper/dressage/ he can do cross country..but the Arabian in him makes him uh freak out alot!!

Color: red/chestnut

Temperament level(1-10) : 7

Okay now that you know my cute pony, (he's about 14 hands) lets get on with the story.

Once mother Anne dropped me off at Fox Pointe Farm, I gathered my rain boots and a lunchbox with something to eat. Lastly I pulled out my sleek iPhone 4s I won at a contest thingy at the fair :P.

"Hey Julia." I greeted my trainer.

"Hello Elle. You can start off by watering the schooling barn and boarders barn. then the outside pastures in front of the property need water and hay. i can get the rest. Make sure your ready for your lesson at 6!"

"KK"

I went to the tackroom and out my phone and lunchbox in my tack cabinet. Also in there was my saddle, saddle pad (soo cute http://www.google.com/imgres?q=cute+saddle+pads&start=192&num=10&hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1920&bih=979&tbm=isch&tbnid=q12sYkp_U10fHM:&imgrefurl=http://sweetoreos.tumblr.com/&docid=JexsbI6xHCraGM&imgurl=http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcbnxroeyO1rj0jebo1_400.jpg&w=400&h=294&ei=RISnUPeUJoOa0QGP8YCwBQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=715&sig=111120990002276446368&page=4&tbnh=144&tbnw=201&ndsp=65&ved=1t:429,r:20,s:200,i:64&tx=101&ty=41) my tie dye polos, my polos that match my saddle pad, helmet, grooming box, gloves, half chaps, and boots. I put my rainboots on, to substitute my converse, and went out to do the chores.

*45 minutes later*

Now it 4:45. I could probably tack Solo up now i guess. I went to his stall and slid the door open. He greeted me with perked ears and a whinny.

"Hi boy." i smiled.

i grabbed his zebra halter (manly i know) and his black lead and led him to the crossties. Once i had curried, brushed,and picked, i put his saddle pad on. Next i put a riser pad, to absorb electric shocks blah blah, then my saddle. i grabbed his fleece girth and attached it on one side. I grabbed his martingale and looped it in the girth. After the girth was on, i worked on his bipolar mane. After i was satisfied, i asjed him the bit and he took it easy. i strapped his throat latch and noseband, alse putting the martingale to, also his polo wraps and he was ready. i french braided my long hsir. The braid was halfway down my back! I put on my used Charles Owens helmet and my gloves. And last but not least, my boots and half chaps. We worked our way to the large, indoor ring. 

I had been warming up for 20 minutes now. Oh the joy of being early. 

"Elle!" my trainer called

"Yeah?"

"Lessons canceled i forgot i had a beginnners at that time."

"its okay, ill just fun ride!"

"Alright...Not too many jumps okay?"

"kk"

i instantly squeezed my legs and Solo broke into a easy trot. I started sitting the trot first, then started posting. after 10 minutes of trot work, i shoved my outside leg into his side, and he transitioned into the canter. We cantered two laps both ways. We started cantering up to a corner, and then, two horses outside (yes there are open windows around the ring) began bucking and being loud.  Solo pricked his ears and sidestepped really fast. I tried getting my balance back, but then he bolted. As he galloped around i pulled back and did a circle. I was yelling 'Whoah' but getting no response. Once he slowed into a trot i made him halt.

Have to keep that in mind when jumping.

I let him cool down for a second, then got him on the rail and asked him to canter. We cantered past the corner fine, and came to the diagonal line. 1..2..3..4 up! i counted my strides and eased into 2 point and he soared over the 2'6 vertical. Next was just a easy crossrail. 1..2..3 up! He overjumped, but he is used to jumping way higher. We came around to the outside vertical that was 3'6. 

1..2..3..4..5..6 UP!!

I eased into two point, almost over releasing but not quite. Suddenly though, once we landed Solo immediatly spooked at the corner, and did a 'invisable jump' aka crow hop. I flopped on his back and he reared. i hugged his neck, but he kept rearing. what the hell is so fucking scary about a corner, Solo? i asked as i kept hugging. then i lost my stirrups and fell down his back. It wasn't a long fall, but something happened i was hoping wouldn't.

He kicked.

With me right at his hinds.

The impact threw me back into a jump. He had kicked me in the head, and ribcage. When i thought i might be able to stand, i blacked out

hi xx

so i know she blacks out aot, just noticed that haha.

kk comment rate vote al that shit and lemme know if ya like :)

adios,

morgan