Who knew bad luck could strike in Times Square?

Chapter 4

The taxi drops us off at 49th and Broadway. I pay the driver, getting out after Steve and Thor.

"That is an interesting mode of transportation, Ash." Thor says in a loud, enthusiastic voice.

"Not one that I like to use, but we have to keep a low profile. Don't want paparazzi knowing where we are." I say as we cross the street. "You know, Cap, Times Square is the first place you saw after you woke up."

"With all of the large television screens? I was wondering what that place was called." He replies. I smile.

"Well, here's your chance to see it again." I reply as we enter the square. For a few minutes, I pointed out stores and shouted random facts at them. Also getting to see a few of the mascots.

"-It lights up and drops at midnight, signaling New Years Day." I explain. They nodded and smiled. I could tell Thor was about to say something, but I burst out before he could say anything. "Lets go over here, to the canon camera! If we get on those steps and time it right, we can get our picture taken on that screen!"

I drag them over, get in the middle row, on the left edge. "Is that us on the screen?" Cap asks, pointing. "Yep." I reply, waving as my projection self does the same. The screen begins to count down from five. "Smile! Its about to take our picture!" The screen hits one and the screen goes white before showing an image.

"See! How cool is that? I've always wanted to do that." I say excitedly. I may or may not have had one too many ice cream cones. We step off of the steps and I look around. "Lets go into that Toys R' Us next. I've heard they've got a Ferris wheel in there."

"Is that like the contraption called the roller coaster?" Thor asks. I never reply. Sparks begin shooting out of the ground and screens. The electricity of Times Square completely shuts off. "I don't take this as a good sign. This isn't supposed to happen, is it?" Cap asks.

"No. But something is causing this." I reply. We luckily get an immediate reply. A man clad in blue and red rounds the corner swinging on a web. Spiderman. Who actually destroyed the electricity rounds the corner next. Green Goblin, with Spiderboy on his tail.

"We have to help them. There are two many civilians that could get hurt, and too many to get out of here quick enough. We need to get Green Goblin on the ground." I say, turning to look at my companions, "Cap, you have your shield?" He shakes his head, "Only my uniform." Great. I just nod. "Thor, how quick can Mjölnir get here?" I ask him. "Fast enough to stop this menace. Without killing him of course." 

"OK. Suit up. We just help." I press the button on my necklace and feel my uniform replacing my civilian clothes. Jarvis shuts down completely. I summon my shield and turn to Cap. "Here," I say, handing it to him, "It may be a little small, but it will help." He takes the shield and runs off, already in his uniform. "Thor, when your ready, aim for the glider that is allowing him to fly." He nods.

Jumping, I hover just above the ground before shooting for the Goblin. When I get close enough, I mutter a spell and attempt to fire a dark energy blast towards him.

Key word there is try.

Green Goblin hits a button on his wrist and a force field pops up, disiagrating my attack. "Your not the only ones with help, Curse." He says, turning so I can see that creepy mask of his. I dive to my right as two grenades shoot past me. Who can block my attacks like that?! Nobody has the same abilities as me. I don't even know all the abilities I have. And no one but SHIELD plus the science bros know my new DNA.

"Since when could you do that?" Spiderman asks. I fly over to Spiderboy, knowing there isn't a chance of me attacking now. "Since I installed my upgrades. After your amazing performances against an alien army."

"Do you know what he's doing?" I whisper to SB. He shakes his head. "He's never done anything like this. This is new, even for me." I nod, looking back over to the Goblin and studying him.
"Now, let's see what good that does you against me." Spiderman throws a web at him, only to have the Goblin brush it out of the way with a claw and throw a grenade in its place. It hits Spiderman in the chest an he goes rushing towards the ground.

"Dad!" SB calls, shooting past me and the Goblin to help Spiderman. Great. I mutter a quick spell and throw a shield up with my powers as Goblin turns his attack on me, tossing another grenade my way. I am knocked back a little as it hits, but I still manage to stay up. I summon my bow and arrows, notching an exploding one and quickly firing it. He dodges.

Okay, I've had just about enough of this. How have we not landed a scratch on him? I take a quick glance down. As we were fighting, we managed to drift to the center of the square. SB and Spiderman were helping Cap get civilians away. My eyes drift up and I barely have second as I dive to the left onto a small black platform I created.

"Distraction is a good way to get yourself killed." Goblin remarks as I stand. I laugh at the irony as his flying contraction is hit with a ray of light and he goes down. "Thanks Thor!" I yell, dropping down to the pavement, using my repulse beams to break my fall. 

"Who gets the honors?" I ask.

A/N- Ok. I know. I haven't updated in forever and I am SOOO SORRY! I am going to try to get at least one more chapter up today.  And since I feel that I owe you all an explanation, here it is:

-During the winter holidays, I was spending more time with family then I thought and My parents dragged me somewhere every time I wanted to try and update.

-School recently started back and that means Midterms/ Finals. So I have been studying and taking those. 

- I am currently writing an Original Book and have been focusing on that and revising it. 

- My writing style has changed since I began writing, as you can tell, So I have been trying to put the rest of this series into that. 

Anyway, I will try to get the next chapter up soon. So, comment, vote, and follow!

~Dusk