C H A P T E R 32

Quinn's Point of View

5   Y E A R S   L A T E R

"i will take a month off" i told my assistant, she looks at me with wide eyes like she couldn't believe what she just heard.

"i would love to celebrate that you're finally taking a break but i cant because im kinda worried about you" she said and i chuckled and patted her shoulder.

"im fine Sam, its my brother's wedding i have to be there" i told her.

"wow, congratulations" she said and i playfully rolled my eyes.

"im not the one who's getting married, anyway i have a flight to catch i'll see you soon okay? message me if something is up" i hugged her goodbye and left immediately.

I went straight to my apartment and grab my luggage, ayos na lahat ng gamit ko good for one month. After that i hailed a cab, tindinan ko damit ko and im wearing a matching blazer and skirt. I know i should be dress in just sweats but Dad is the one who's picking me up fron the airport.

The last time i saw him was the day of my graduation and that was two years ago, i never answered his call and text and so is Mom's. I haven't talk to Sebastian too, he didn't attend my graduation cause he thought i didn't attended his.

Its been five years and i decided to stay in Washington for awhile for my career, i graduated Law school and im very proud to call myself a Lawyer, a Prosecutor.

Sa buong limang tao puro aral ang inatupag ko, dinaan ko yung lungkot ko sa pag aaral kong mabuti at nag bunga naman ito, im now one of the well known Prosecutors here in Washington.

People shows and gives me respect and still, my parents shows me none. They still think that they got a hold of me around my neck and that just pisses me off.

"goodmorning ladies and gentleman! welcome onboard this is a flight to Philippines, my name is Lucas Perez and im your in-flight Service Director, your cabin crew are here to ensure you have an enjoyable flight to Philippines!"

I plug my Airpods on and i look at the window beside me, we're already ready for takeoff and im just waiting for this plane to go, my fingers played the pendant of my necklace.

For the past years i never missed anything, their games, graduation and their birthdays. I always book a flight to Manila just to watch their game, there is this one time that he broke down inside the court, that was a month after i left and i watch him cry to his Mom and i couldn't even do anything but to watch him and cry with him from afar.

I also went to their graduation and i didn't let my family know that i went home, i watch them from the very back. I watch him walk his way to the stage to get his diploma, i send him some flowers but i didn't address it that it came from me kase alam kong itatapon niya lang yun pag nalaman niyang galing sakin.

On his birthday i watch them celebrate with everyone, they all look happy without me and i couldn't blame them, its my fault why i lost them all.