Shade on the 80's

Felix sighed, content as the radio on the side table blared his favorite station. 

Here in Fix-It Felix Jr. the only station that played was the kind that played 80's tunes.

A nice little touch added by the programmers.

Tamora entered the room and smirked. 

She knew her husband was drawn into his own dream world when he was listening to the station. A dream world that greatly resembled the real world in 1982.

She nudged Felix's shoulder and knelt down next to her dozing husband.

"Hey, I'm going down to central station. The arcade's gonna open soon and I can't be late."

"Mmhm..." Felix sank deeper into his pixilated armchair, his sleepy grin widening at the sound of his wife's voice.

She sighed, shaking her head as she reached across the chair and turned the dial down on the radio's volume. That got his attention.

With a startled sound effect, the handyman snapped to attention.

"Who? What! Where? Tammy???"

She chuckled. "At ease, solider. I'm just heading to work. You think you can manage the rugrats?"

"Who? Oh! Those angels? No problem!" Felix said, a sarcastic note penetrating his usually cheerful voice on the word, angels.

She turned his head and locked lips with the short man in a brief, but loving kiss. He returned the gesture, reluctant to stop when she pulled away to head out the door.

"Hang in there, short stack. Just survive today and all's good." She gave him a quick salute before ducking under the doorframe and exiting the flat.

He sighed, placing a gloved hand under his chin, watching his wife depart. After a few seconds, he remembered the existence of the radio and turned back up the volume.

Author's note: Eh, what can I say? I've been torturing these two enough. Just giving them a little breather. But it won't last! More racer action to come!!!